Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Vu+ ofgwrite doesn‘t return gracefully to ImageManager but kills the system, so probably the network is disconnected by the time this check is made.
ofgwrite has just flashed the system. There is no "ImageManager" to return to (which is why enigma2 is shutdown as ofgwrite starts).
Unless a Vu+ is somehow wildly different.
 
ofgwrite has just flashed the system. There is no "ImageManager" to return to (which is why enigma2 is shutdown as ofgwrite starts).
Unless a Vu+ is somehow wildly different.

On multiboot boxes, ofgwrite returns to ImageManager, where the return code is checked and the STARTUP files are manipulated before rebooting. In ATV they actually allow the user to decide what to do after flashing, continue running or reboot etc).
On Vu+ boxes, ofgwrite does not return, but kills the system - which is why I was surprised that some ImageManager code still ran (see #814). I put in a Try/Except to gracefully handle the crash in ImageManager - and I am guessing it happens because of an ofgwrite error(kernel error) - and the /newroot mount is retained (which can lead to other issues)
I forgot that ImageManager on a restart cleans up the Imagerestore folder (so its no longer there to see whats in the folder - my ImageManager doesn‘t cleanup) - as I would really like to understand why we get a kernel error with Vu+. I will have to power up my Xtrend and see what I can do, as its not an issue with multiboot boxes running from a NAS.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure what plugin these depend on but I'm getting stuck on software update

Code:
root@vuuno4k:~# opkg list-upgradable
Not selecting libgstrtsp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsturidownloader-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstsdp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsttag-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting gstreamer1.0 1.18.5+git19084+71c213f as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstadaptivedemux-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstcodecparsers-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstisoff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstriff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstvideo-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstpbutils-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstrtp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstaudio-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstmpegts-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstapp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libx264-164 r2970+git0+66a5bc1bd1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@vuuno4k:~#
 
I'm not sure what plugin these depend on but I'm getting stuck on software update

Code:
root@vuuno4k:~# opkg list-upgradable
Not selecting libgstrtsp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsturidownloader-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstsdp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsttag-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting gstreamer1.0 1.18.5+git19084+71c213f as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstadaptivedemux-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstcodecparsers-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstisoff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstriff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstvideo-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstpbutils-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstrtp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstaudio-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstmpegts-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstapp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libx264-164 r2970+git0+66a5bc1bd1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@vuuno4k:~#

Reflash .
 
SAMBA seems to be messed up again in 5.5.016.001 on my Zgemma H7.

I noticed nmbd wasn't running (I could only access by IP address not by name) so I tried to remove and re-install samba to fix it but once it was removed the option to re-install it just wasn't even there to try it.


I think there's probably nothing useful int he log files but here they are anyway:
View attachment 62684
View attachment 62685
View attachment 62686
 
Last edited:
....it's a known problem, this should fix it....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/1b541e4571e135adbc1b7a3fe34356344631a52f

Remember you may need to do an opkg update before trying to install samba.
 
Last edited:
Tried the new file but still the same ‘error flashing kernel’ and then a reboot, although no crash logs created this time. Extract from debug log below

can you try this ImageManager version ...
 

Attachments

....it's a known problem, this should fix it....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/1b541e4571e135adbc1b7a3fe34356344631a52f

Remember you may need to do an opkg update before trying to install samba.

Thanks, that commit fixes it so that I can remove and reinstall samba.

Could you explain further, when and why is opkg update is needed. I would have thought it would only be needed if samba had been rebuilt.

Now I'm back to the original problem.
Is there a fix to get nmbd running?
I still only see smbd and wsdd running and, at least for me, wsdd doesn't seem to let me connect by name.

Later: I figured it out. Or more correctly I rediscovered what I discovered about 10 months ago.
I need to edit /etc/samba/distro/smb-global.conf
and change:
disable netbios = Yes
to
disable netbios = No
 
Last edited:
.... you probably need "disable netbios = No" putting in smb-user.conf.

Code:
## User changes to Samba config go here

## You can overrule the insecure defaults and enforce password
## protected access to shares by uncommenting the following
## line, including the secure settings:

[global]
#       include = /etc/samba/distro/smb-secure.conf
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]disable netbios = No[/COLOR]

## You can hide and veto access to certain directories, e.g. mount points of
## other boxes in order to prevent round trips through your LAN
## In Samba 4.x this needs to be configured per share:

[Root]
#       veto files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/
#       hide files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/

[Harddisk]
#       veto files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/
#       hide files = /ThisBox/OtherBox/AnotherBox/YetAnotherBox/

Settings restores always start with an opkg update, so that'll be why samba installs ok from a backup.

Starting from scratch, the opkg update seems to be the only way to get it to install.
 
Last edited:
Later: I figured it out. Or more correctly I rediscovered what I discovered about 10 months ago.
I need to edit /etc/samba/distro/smb-global.conf
and change:
disable netbios = Yes
to
disable netbios = No

Actually, as I posted earlier, you should be changing smb-user.conf.:)
 
Actually, as I posted earlier, you should be changing smb-user.conf.:)

The /etc/samba directory is part of the Vix image, even if you haven't installed samba.

The /etc/samba directory is part of a settings backup, even if you haven't installed samba.

Installing samba doesn't touch /etc/samba.

So, if like me, you always flash and restore settings, all files in /etc/samba will be overwritten, even if a later version came with the image.

/etc/samba/distro/smb-global.conf was updated fairly recently (all the other config files are over 2 years old), so I've needed to get hold of the latest version.
 
I've tried changing my backupmanager directories to include just what I think is needed for samba...

Code:
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=[............., '/etc/auto.network', '[COLOR="#FF0000"]/etc/samba/smb-user.conf[/COLOR]', '[COLOR="#FF0000"]/etc/samba/private[/COLOR]', '/usr/keys', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/terrestrial_finder.xml', '/usr/script', '[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]/etc/samba[/B][/COLOR]']

but those of you still with us will notice that backupmanager forces /etc/samba onto the end of the settings file as well. I give up. :mad:
 
Installing samba doesn't touch /etc/samba.
Installing samba-common does. It includes both smb-user.conf and smb.conf.
And samba-common is pulled in by samba.

EDIT: samba-common is installed by default, but samba is not. So a flash and restore will install samba but the restore will overwrite the samba-common files and they won't get updated as the system "knows" it is already installed.

So yes - the backup should only be saving the user-changeable part of the config.
 
Last edited:
Installing samba-common does. It includes both smb-user.conf and smb.conf.
And samba-common is pulled in by samba.

EDIT: samba-common is installed by default, but samba is not. So a flash and restore will install samba but the restore will overwrite the samba-common files and they won't get updated as the system "knows" it is already installed.

So yes - the backup should only be saving the user-changeable part of the config.
Not sure what you're saying here, I've got it all wrong, no I haven't, yes I have.....

All I've done is check samba (for the umpteenth time), using the gui, from a fresh flash, and report the findings, I'm 100% sure what I've posted is correct.

I've never heard of samba-common, I doubt anybody else has either, and from where I'm sitting it's not relevant.
 
@ccs, tell us what files to drag into the backup from /etc/samba and these can be added to the backup rather than the whole folder.
 
@ccs, tell us what files to drag into the backup from /etc/samba and these can be added to the backup rather than the whole folder.

I reckon they're the first two highlighted in red in post #835, the problem is backupmanager forces /etc/samba back into into the settings file (I assume because samba has now been installed) if it's not found in there.

/etc/samba is backed up by default at the moment, even if samba isn't installed via the network/utilities gui.

I tried to test it but that addition check which put /etc/samba back caught me out.

An opkg update would be handy when in network/utilities/....., a settings restore does one.
 
Last edited:
I have a problem, when I go to setup/user Interface/Skin Setup/Skin I get the spinner and box will reboot in 10 seconds. It did the same in the previous 5.5.015 image. Now have 5.5.016.

Here is the log report
View attachment Enigma2_debug_2021-10-14_20-11-49.log

I'm guessing this is the problem.

Code:
< 413.4050> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 249, in applySkin
< 413.4055> self.createGUIScreen(self.instance, self.desktop)
< 413.4055> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 279, in createGUIScreen
< 413.4060> f()
< 413.4060> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/SkinSelector.py", line 73, in layoutFinished
< 413.4063> self.refreshList()
< 413.4063> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/SkinSelector.py", line 142, in refreshList
< 413.4066> self.loadPreview()
< 413.4067> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/SkinSelector.py", line 147, in loadPreview
< 413.4071> preview = self.currentEntry[7]
< 413.4072> TypeError: 'bool' object is not subscriptable
< 413.4072> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableNumberActionMap object at 0xab697e20>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)
< 417.0204> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top