Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure what I think about adding lots of stuff to ease the transition to control character free EPG.

Anyone have any opinion stronger than "maybe"?

Yes commit it. If that causes short term problems, so be it. Right now it is not working properly anyway.
 
I am pretty sure we added code to deal with picon upgrades a few years ago and PLI added some changes a few months ago too. If I remember correctly, our version used to check name, so a slight tweak may bring back the enhancement.
Abu, I'm not sure what you mean. If I start a picon build update the ipk on the feeds will be the latest version. Only reason I haven't done that is the server is busy.
 
I'm unsure what I think about adding lots of stuff to ease the transition to control character free EPG.

Anyone have any opinion stronger than "maybe"?

Some of my autotimers are over 7 years old, but all's well, no control characters in either of my boxes autotimer.xml files. - Freeview/terrestrial only.

Not sure what you tell people who lose timers/recordings, recreate all autotimers from scratch I guess. Or edit them if you know how.

Do timers also inherit the control characters at the moment?
 
Last edited:
Do timers also inherit the control characters at the moment?
I don't think ordinary timers (ie non autotimers) do.
I haven't investigated why they don't, but I didn't find any control characters in my timers.xml.
Anyway I think it's irrelivant (for the case of normal timers) since it just helps identify the timer in the displayed list of timers.
Does that sound right?
 
I don't think ordinary timers (ie non autotimers) do.
I haven't investigated why they don't, but I didn't find any control characters in my timers.xml.
Anyway I think it's irrelivant (for the case of normal timers) since it just helps identify the timer in the displayed list of timers.
Does that sound right?

It's also used to create the recording filenames when the timer starts up.

If control characters were ever lurking about then they would have been stripped out otherwise recordings would never have got started.
 
... deleted
 
Last edited:
I use the Simple_Ten_Eighty skin.
I feel the choice of colours on the multi channel grid EPG is rather odd, in particular the way the cursor that you move around the EPG is the thing that shows the least when I feel it should show the most.
For some time I've been shuffling the .PNG files around in this skin to make it look, in my opinion, better.
Also I added a feature that seems to have been broken or forgotton that highlights things you are going to record in red.

But I'm nervous about submitting these changes as a pull request. Those who are used to the original skin might object to the changes.

In order to try and guage opinion I have made a modified version of the skin and I home people will try it and tell if what they think.
It's called Bimple_Ten_Eighty (not a serious suggestion for a good name, just something changed very slightly from the original).

View attachment enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-bimple-ten-eighty_Test1_all.ipk
 
Brian can you make a patch so I can see exactly what the changes are.
 
Brian can you make a patch so I can see exactly what the changes are.

A patch?
What do you mean by a patch?

It's just renaming and copying some PNG files.

This:
Code:
https://github.com/BrianG61UK/skins/tree/MyS1080
 
Last edited:
Hello!

Some logs for Vu+ SoloSE.

Cannot enter in download plugins menu; cannot start Openvpn.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello!

Some logs for Vu+ SoloSE.

Cannot enter in download plugins menu; cannot start Openvpn.
The logs seem to indicate that you don't have a working network.

< 807.5546> 00:02:19.4365 [OnlineUpdateCheck][adapterAvailable] PASSED
< 807.5552> 00:02:19.4371 [OnlineUpdateCheck][NetworkUp] FAILED <class 'OSError'>
 
Hello,
I wanted to install the new version 6.0.001 with usb (octagon_sf8008.mmc) but it is not recognized ..... is it possible to verify? Hello
 
The logs seem to indicate that you don't have a working network.

It's true.

Now i have internet on the box, but i can´t install Openvpn: "Installing service"... "Please wait" and nothing happens.

regards
 
This is an attachment for @sundtek......
 

Attachments

It's true.

Now i have internet on the box, but i can´t install Openvpn: "Installing service"... "Please wait" and nothing happens.

regards

I have installed it by telnet to solve the problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top