Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are backed up settings from 5.4.x Py2 supposed to be compatible with 5.5.x Py3 images and vice versa?
Yes I also believe there is an issue with using a 5.4 backup in 5.5 (PY3) I too found that the Oscam-latest and Oscam-emu did not work after the restore (from 5.4.12) and needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to get them working.
 
Yes I also believe there is an issue with using a 5.4 backup in 5.5 (PY3) I too found that the Oscam-latest and Oscam-emu did not work after the restore (from 5.4.12) and needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to get them working.
I always restore from settings backup, whatever the image build and I have never had an issue with either cccam or Oscam.
 
I always restore from settings backup, whatever the image build and I have never had an issue with either cccam or Oscam.
Nevertheless at least two of us have found an issue with old oscams not working on restore... #220 and #221
 
Nevertheless at least two of us have found an issue with old oscams not working on restore... #220 and #221

Oscam or Oscam files???? If you don't update Oscam version that could cause an issue.
 
Oscam or Oscam files???? If you don't update Oscam version that could cause an issue.

Ah. I see. It looks like the actual oscam binary is in the backup files and needs to be changed to the correct one from the feeds for the version (5.4 or 5.5) of image you are using.
I hadn't realised before that the binary was in the settings backup.

-

Anyone else see SSA (C2 86) and ESA (C2 87) characters around some of the program titles?
I see them also in my autotimer.xml but not in timers.xml.
(see for example "Meet the Richardsons" in my View attachment autotimer.xml but not View attachment timers.xml)
(As far as I can see they were always there, ie in the Py2 version too)
I guess the fact that they don't seem to make it in to timers.xml means they are probably harmless in practice.
 
Last edited:
I always restore from settings backup, whatever the image build and I have never had an issue with either cccam or Oscam.

The first install wizard wouldn't let me restore from a 5.4 backup:confused: Maybe I selected to restore plugins also - can't remember at this point!
 
Don't you need an internet connection to restore plugins, suggesting they are downloaded from the feeds?

I've moved from P2 to P3 and back again with settings restores without any problems, but hardly any plugins.
 
Last edited:
Don't you need an internet connection to restore plugins, suggesting they are downloaded from the feeds?

I've moved from P2 to P3 and back again with settings restores without any problems, but hardly any plugins.

Correct. But I think for some reason oscam is an exception to the rule. Maybe it's because some people use a special oscam (or other softcam) that isn't in the feeds.
 
Oscam or Oscam files???? If you don't update Oscam version that could cause an issue.
To be clear here... I think we are talking of the oscam-latest and oscam-emu softcams (ie the original vix ones) accidentally finding their way to 5.5 via a restore but then needing to be deleted and readded.... which is odd. My oscam config transfers fine...

However... although Oscam (after reinstallation) works (with low ecms) through SoftcamManager in Py3 again, like 5.4.12, it stops working after about 20 hours, needing a reboot (with my 5.5 on Osmega).
 
Last edited:
My settings backup has a folder /tmp/ExtrainstalledPlugins which contains

Code:
packagegroup-base-nfs
enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
packagegroup-base-smbfs-server
run-postinsts
 
My settings backup has a folder /tmp/ExtrainstalledPlugins which contains
<snipped>
Those are presumably plugins that are not from the feeds.

My settings backup has /usr/sofcams/oscam-latest in it which I'm presuming is the binary.
 
My settings backup has a folder /tmp/ExtrainstalledPlugins which contains

Code:
packagegroup-base-nfs
enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
packagegroup-base-smbfs-server
run-postinsts

Just to clarify, /tmp/ExtrainstalledPlugins is a list of extra things installed by the user via opkg (not including dependencies).

So when doing a plugins restore these items will be downloaded from the feeds (if available).

It is the result of processing "opkg status". Anything listed as "user installed" will be added to that file. e.g.
Code:
Package: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fastscan
Version: 5.5+git24079+7ce87dc-r0
Depends: enigma2
Status: install user installed
Architecture: vuultimo4k
Installed-Size: 16201
Installed-Time: 1624991858

Will add the following to the file:
Code:
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fastscan

Code that produces the file here: https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/master/src/BackupManager.py#L1232-L1249
 
Last edited:
My settings backup has /usr/sofcams/oscam-latest in it which I'm presuming is the binary.

Not sure what affect this has, I've had a play and it certainly is a binary, but a settings backup also includes enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest in /tmp/ExtrainstalledPlugins.
So which do you end up, the one from the feeds, or the one in your settings backup?

(eg. /etc/samba ends up in a settings backup, and this certainly messed things up when new configs came out (in /etc/samba) a while ago.)
 
Settings restore happens first... so I guess what is fetched from the feeds will overwrite the backup if there is a filename collision.

If not it would be impossible to update to the latest version.
 
Code:
if "%" not in url[:10]: # url not encoded

Probably:
Code:
if b"%" not in url[:10]: # url not encoded

I have noticed that this hasn't been added after doing a software update. I tried adding it manually but I still get a crash. This worked when you posted.

Code:
<125450.2784> Traceback (most recent call last):
<125450.2784>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 494, in doBuildIndex
<125450.2795>     self.manager.save(self.providers, self.dependents)
<125450.2795>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 155, in save
<125450.2800>     services, providers[provider_key]["sections"] = Tools().customMix(self.services, provider_key, providers, self.providerConfigs[provider_key])
<125450.2801>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/tools.py", line 194, in customMix
<125450.2805>     if b"%" not in url[:10]: # url not encoded
<125450.2806> TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
<125450.2807> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.main.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

Edit I noticed that I have a url encoded like

Code:
http%3a//iptv.url%3a8080
edited it to
Code:
http://iptv.url:8080
that seems to work
 
Last edited:
I have noticed that this hasn't been added after doing a software update. I tried adding it manually but I still get a crash. This worked when you posted.

Code:
<125450.2784> Traceback (most recent call last):
<125450.2784>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 494, in doBuildIndex
<125450.2795>     self.manager.save(self.providers, self.dependents)
<125450.2795>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 155, in save
<125450.2800>     services, providers[provider_key]["sections"] = Tools().customMix(self.services, provider_key, providers, self.providerConfigs[provider_key])
<125450.2801>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/tools.py", line 194, in customMix
<125450.2805>     if b"%" not in url[:10]: # url not encoded
<125450.2806> TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
<125450.2807> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.main.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

Edit I noticed that I have a url encoded like

Code:
http%3a//iptv.url%3a8080
edited it to
Code:
http://iptv.url:8080
that seems to work

Seems to work ok for me in Python 3.8.
Code:
Python 3.8.2 (tags/v3.8.2:7b3ab59, Feb 25 2020, 22:45:29) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
>>> url = b"http%3a//iptv.url%3a8080"
>>>
>>> [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]b"%" not in url[:10][/COLOR][/B]
False
>>>
>>> "%" not in url[:10]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
>>>
 
Seems to work ok for me in Python 3.8.
Code:
Python 3.8.2 (tags/v3.8.2:7b3ab59, Feb 25 2020, 22:45:29) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
>>> url = b"http%3a//iptv.url%3a8080"
>>>
>>> [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]b"%" not in url[:10][/COLOR][/B]
False
>>>
>>> "%" not in url[:10]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
>>>

So we need to add b in url in custommix for encoded URLs?
 
Settings restore happens first... so I guess what is fetched from the feeds will overwrite the backup if there is a filename collision.
So why do we need to reinstall from the feeds after restoring settings from other image?


If not it would be impossible to update to the latest version.
Not impossible. The same problem would happen that could be got around in the same way.
But maybe different code does it in that case and does overwrite the oscam binary??
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top