Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movielist programme sizes are rounded down in P3. Only appears to affect files greater than 1Gb,

P2............P2.webp

P3............P3.webp

P3_Small...P3_Small.webp
 
Last edited:
@ccs try this attachment in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter
 

Attachments

I already asked ..... it is possible one day to have an image
pyton 3 also for octagon sf4008 since it mounts the same hardware as mutan51 and zgemma h7?

thanks
 
I already asked ..... it is possible one day to have an image
pyton 3 also for octagon sf4008 since it mounts the same hardware as mutan51 and zgemma h7?

thanks

No, sorry I'm not building that box.
 
shame :confused:...... I will be forced to look for some alternative

:confused:

These are test images built on my personal server and I don't want to waste resources building unsupported hardware.

Nothing to stop you building it yourself.
 
Any reason why certain images have been rebuilt as version 005, and the others are still at version 004?
 
Any reason why certain images have been rebuilt as version 005, and the others are still at version 004?

Because there are 2 of us building half each. So each block of half will get updated when each of us does a rebuild.
 
@twol - I'm getting an error when checking for an update for my AX61

Code:
<  3379.0394> 09:40:35.9760 [OnlineUpdateCheck][kernelMismatch] error fetching http://xx.xxx.xxx.176/feeds/openvix/p3/5.5/hd61/hd61/Packages.gz

and after a spinner for several minutes:

Code:
[OnlineUpdateCheck][statusMessage] http://xx.xxx.xxx.176/status-message.php?machine=ax61&version=5.5&build=014 could not be fetched

Just letting you know that your feed server (IP redacted) seems to be unavailable.
 
:confused:

These are test images built on my personal server and I don't want to waste resources building unsupported hardware.

Nothing to stop you building it yourself.
unfortunately I do not have the skills ...... I was used to using your excellent image ..... patience.
Thanks anyway for what has been done to date
 
Last edited:
Ok some issues i've noticed:

Autores does not work correctly (infact i'd go as far to say it's pretty much completely useless atm).
It does not switch to 24fps for 24fps movie playback.
Setting autores for all (or just HD) completely messes things up.

Example Astra UHD Demo channel (28.2e) is broadcast in 2160p50, if you have autores enabled the box switches to 2160p30
If you then go back to a 1080i25 channel (most uk hd tv is this res), the box outputs 1080 (i or p if set to de-interlace) i/p60

Also there are big issue's with plugins (as expected).

Many of the dependencies that plugins use, simply don't exist in python3.

E2iPlayer installs from the feeds, but then crashes if you try to use it.
Mediaportal won't install.
Open Multiboot gives an error so won't open (and if you install python3 images in OMB from within a python2 image then you can't select the image within E2, you can only switch in the boot menu).
No CrossEPG

There will be many other plugins that will no longer work with E2 and Python3.

Not complaining, just pointing out some issue's i've come across so far.
 
... I guess a few details might help.
 
Autores does not work correctly (infact i'd go as far to say it's pretty much completely useless atm).
It does not switch to 24fps for 24fps movie playback.
Setting autores for all (or just HD) completely messes things up.

Example Astra UHD Demo channel (28.2e) is broadcast in 2160p50, if you have autores enabled the box switches to 2160p30
If you then go back to a 1080i25 channel (most uk hd tv is this res), the box outputs 1080 (i or p if set to de-interlace) i/p60

Yes I have noticed that Autores does not work properly as you describe, but this is not limited to the PY3 images this fault I can also see in 5.4 Py2 VIX.

I have found on a 4K box such as the Zgemma H9s or the Octagon SF8008 that the box will not give proper 2160p unless you set the autores and when you do the autores kicks in when you have eg 480p or a low res channel and interprets this wrongly as 2160p.
 
Yes I have noticed that Autores does not work properly as you describe, but this is not limited to the PY3 images this fault I can also see in 5.4 Py2 VIX.

I have found on a 4K box such as the Zgemma H9s or the Octagon SF8008 that the box will not give proper 2160p unless you set the autores and when you do the autores kicks in when you have eg 480p or a low res channel and interprets this wrongly as 2160p.


I fixed it for OBH 4.4 (py2) so it worked correctly, I sent Huevos the changes I made to import them into vix, but I guess he never got around to it then.
 
The Autores "bug" also seems compounded when you use another E2 video player such as Gstplayer or Ext3player from the Serviceapp extension. Sometimes the player gets correctly switched and sometimes not. In this respect Ext3player seems better than Gstplayer.
 
Ok some issues i've noticed:

Autores does not work correctly (infact i'd go as far to say it's pretty much completely useless atm).
It does not switch to 24fps for 24fps movie playback.
Setting autores for all (or just HD) completely messes things up.

Example Astra UHD Demo channel (28.2e) is broadcast in 2160p50, if you have autores enabled the box switches to 2160p30
If you then go back to a 1080i25 channel (most uk hd tv is this res), the box outputs 1080 (i or p if set to de-interlace) i/p60

Also there are big issue's with plugins (as expected).

Many of the dependencies that plugins use, simply don't exist in python3.

E2iPlayer installs from the feeds, but then crashes if you try to use it.
Mediaportal won't install.
Open Multiboot gives an error so won't open (and if you install python3 images in OMB from within a python2 image then you can't select the image within E2, you can only switch in the boot menu).
No CrossEPG

There will be many other plugins that will no longer work with E2 and Python3.

Not complaining, just pointing out some issue's i've come across so far.

.Crossepg - the basic code is easily converted to python3(done all that and it works fine , but writing to the epgdb is a nightmare(and doesn't work) because of recent changes and you cannot use the alternative bin files because they are closed and don't work without changes
. Openmultiboot is a hangover and in reality a Vu+ issue - it would be better to convince them to have proper multiboot support. Everybody else does it.
. I don't use either mediaportal or E2iplayer, but from the posts on ATV forum I thought that at least E2iplayer was working (at least most of the time)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top