Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAXYTEC Python3 test image won’t happen. Just enjoy what you have and wait patiently.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok no problem but I am waiting your test version because I am need to try openvix by py3
Thanks for co-operation
 
Last edited:
Ok no problem but I am waiting your test version because I am need to try openvix by py3
Thanks for co-operation

Easiest way for you to get a test image for that receiver is to build it yourself.
 
I've built 5.4.x developer images with only 8 GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD on a Core i7-4790K (4 cores, 8 threads).

I had the deafults for this processor:
Code:
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 4"

I think if you have more cores/threads, you will probably need proportionally more RAM, but it'll take less time.

As far as I remember on the i7-4790K, it takes over 24 hours for a complete build for just one target.
 
Last edited:
You can build the 5.4 image with 4GB ram and a large swap file if you limit the number of threads to 2. The py3 build is a different beast. I just about get away with 24GB RAM with my old i7-920. Takes about 12 hours from scratch IIRC. If you are running low on RAM its best to limit the number of threads.
 
You can build the 5.4 image with 4GB ram and a large swap file if you limit the number of threads to 2. The py3 build is a different beast. I just about get away with 24GB RAM with my old i7-920. Takes about 12 hours from scratch IIRC. If you are running low on RAM its best to limit the number of threads.

Why does it need so much more RAM?

Surely the Python 3 langauge isn't significantly more complex than Python 2.

Has something else been changed as well?
 
I've updated to 5.5.014.007.

I just noticed. Name of channel is missing on version 007.

Is that the same for everyone or have I messed up something myself?

Missing.webp
 
Last edited:
As far as I remember on the i7-4790K, it takes over 24 hours for a complete build for just one target.
Sounds like you are running out of RAM. Needs 32GB RAM.

I have 8GB RAM and 64GB of swap and it is often over 20GB of swap in use which makes it painfully slow.
 
Sounds like you are running out of RAM. Needs 32GB RAM.

I have 8GB RAM and 64GB of swap and it is often over 20GB of swap in use which makes it painfully slow.

I thought, but I could be wrong, that I had disabled all swap files.
 
Sounds like you are running out of RAM. Needs 32GB RAM.
I have 16GB of RAM and it's never run out of it. That's running with 8 processors.

A complete build from scratch for one box takes ~4hours on my i5-10210U laptop. On my (somewhat older) i5-2500K desktop (4 processors, also 16GB) it takes ~6 hours.

This is running Linux directly on the hardware. If you're using Ubuntu on Windows it will take much longer as the file-system access times on Windows are awful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top