Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] The box not booting with USB HDD attached

I've got config.crash.debug_path=/media/hdd/logs/ which is pointing at the internal disc.

Also config.misc.startCounter=791
 
My path is correct, that's the USB stick that I have to store backups, epg.dat etc.
 
It might be significant that you have 2 usb storage devices connected, but why?, pass.
 
My path is correct, that's the USB stick that I have to store backups, epg.dat etc.

Those 2 files could be stored on the hdd. What else do you use the stick for?
 
The stick is there to avoid unnecessary spin ups of the HDD. I want it to spin up only if I record or playback something, otherwise it can remain asleep. Besides, I've had this kind of a system working for about two years now.
 
Epg.dat is read/written a few times a day, and backups even less frequently, so hdd spin ups are hardly significant.

I was just wondering if 5.1.003 would work ok if the usb stick wasn't there.
 
You might want to look at the dmesg log at /var/logs, to see if there are any issues with the usb - I have just solved my hangup issues at times which come down to corruption on the usb files.
 
Epg.dat is read/written a few times a day, and backups even less frequently, so hdd spin ups are hardly significant.

I was just wondering if 5.1.003 would work ok if the usb stick wasn't there.

5.1.003 works now, the thing that was not working were the settings backup from 5.1.002. After I got 5.1.003 running without the USB HDD and flashed 5.1.002 to test it, I got a backup of settings. I then restored those settings when I flashed 5.1.003 back, and the USB HDD suddenly didn't cause any issues.

So I really don't understand why 5.1.003 didn't work earlier when I tried plugging the USB HDD in and restarting when the box was already booted up. The settings would have been the exact same, I made no changes at any point.

Nevertheless, I'll see if I can find something from the dmesg log as suggested.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top