Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

the tension is killing me

Looks like I left Ireland at the right time then :)
Great place, great people, run by idiots!!!!!!

I thnik you can say the same for most places at the moment.
What really pisses me off about all of this is the SOB bankers got us into this mess but they have no shame and continue to award themselves silly bonuses.
 
I thnik you can say the same for most places at the moment.
What really pisses me off about all of this is the SOB bankers got us into this mess but they have no shame and continue to award themselves silly bonuses.

what gos around comes around stanman they will see what they have done and suffer in their own way one day
 
While I hate the bankers as much as the next person, they didn't get us into this mess, our own greed did.

The biggest factor in all this has been house prices.

The only people that make any money out of the stupidly high prices are property developers (most of who seem to be mr & mrs average who have watched a couple of TV programs) and estate agents.

Virtually all the mess can be put down to that one thing.

To give an example, I live in Gorleston, just next door to Gt Yarmouth in the UK. When I moved here in 2000 you could still buy a 3 bed terraced in parts of Gt Yarmouth for UNDER 20k. I paid £53k for my 4 bed house.

My house was valued at £140k for re-mortgage purposes 4 years later.

You now cant but a house under 90K.

While it's still cheaper than a lot of the UK, the simple fact remains that 10 years ago a couple where say the husband worked in B&Q, the wife worked say in one of the many seasonal jobs, they could still easily afford to buy their first house.

Roll on 10 years, the jobs have got scarcer, the wages have dropped to always min wage at most places, often there's only part time work now offered and rather than needing to save a 10% deposit of say 2K and have a 18K mortgage, now you would need to save 9K and have a 81K mortgage, completely impossible for most people especially as the rental market has crept up in line with house price rises.

So you end up with a load of people who cant get a council house, renting costs as much (and in some cases more) than buying would, but they don't earn enough to get a mortgage. Hence the huge growth in the sub prime market.

People got even more greedy, buying 2nd and 3rd houses to quickly make a profit on and of course such stupidity cant continue for ever.

We now have a lot of people out of work, the benefit system is having to pay 10 times what it had to 10 years ago to help those out in private rental accommodation at the tax payers expense.

The entire financial world is screwed because of it.

If house prices had remained static (individuals weren't greedy) then we wouldn't be in this mess. I hear from my Irish friends that in places like Dublin, the house price market was even more ridiculous.

So really we as a society only have ourselves to blame.

Go on the site below and look up a few streets near where you live. See how often you find the same house being sold say 1 - 3 years apart at 80k+ more

Code:
http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=Search-Sold-House-Prices
 
Last edited:
Ojustaboo to an extend I agree with what you are saying but it was the irresponsible lending of the banks that fueled the property market.
To give you an example, I am on a pretty decent salary, about three years ago I was looking to buy a 2nd property and went and saw a new development. When he did the sums, there was no way I could afford the property if the interest rates went up yo 6 - 7% as they traditionally were in my memory. The guy went through various options and one of them was the self certification mortgage - I could basically say whatever I earn and they would accept it but obviously charge 0.5 or 1% more than the other mortgages - it was this sort of irresponsible lending behavior coupled with the packaging of bad debt that got us into this mess - you can't blame the average person for wanting to better their situation. Needless to say I walked away.
 
That pretty much sums it up stanman if the bankers had been more responsible about who they lent to then things would not have turnt ugly

yes ojustaboo its man greed that causes problems but ultimatly it what you make of that greed that determins its destructive nature

And as long as the banks feuled that greed the apitite grew as stanman said alot of ppl went with the self cert mortgage and cant pay it back
THe banks needed to scrap the self cert mortgage and screen ppl better
 
And the government/ papers etc (in my opinion) needs to stop looking at house prices starting to increase again being in any way shape or form a good thing.

We self certified, was the only way we could get our mortgage, not because we didn't earn enough but because of not being self employed long enough to have enough acceptable records.

So it actually helped us but as you say, if the banks had better screening, an ounce of common sense, had a human you could show your income/outcome for the past year too etc that could see that your no less likely than any person employed by any company to not be able to afford your payments, then we wouldn't have needed to.

Had we waited until we had enough records, we would have needed a mortgage 3 times the size.

I know people that have not only had self certified mortgages, but had their partners benefit included and their child benefit included even though their children would be leaving school within 3 years???
 
I dont think we are out of by far.I think with the impending public sector cuts things will get worse but at least we have vix 1.3/4 to look forward to:D
 
II think with the impending public sector cuts things will get worse
Who cares about the public sector, those people are just a drain on society. They don't make any money for the country, just waste it, and in the process put such a tax burden on manufacturing that goods are uncompetitive on the world stage where it really matters for the country. Look at any country that is currently successful and you will see they don't have a public sector, don't have VAT & don't have income tax.
 
They also have no employment protection, no rule of law and very weak legal systems susceptible to political intervention.
 
Is their a time-frame for VIX 1.3 -i.e before X-mas (i'm not asking for an exact date).

???


I think if this question gets answered, then maybe the forum members will wait patiently and questions about the release date will stop.
 
Last edited:
you must remember that vix 1.2 works just great. so don't get too stressed out for 1.3. exactly what functionality are you missing
 
you must remember that vix 1.2 works just great. so don't get too stressed out for 1.3. exactly what functionality are you missing

I want to change my skin, so I can view ECM times.

My EPG won't upadate automatically, so I have missed recording many of my programs.

I keep getting the green screen.

I can't rewind live programs properly.


Like I have said before, I appreciate all the hard work the VIX team put in to creating the image.
 
It not long mate as a beta tester even i have not been made privey to a date as tests are being carried out and many bugs have been found still. it would not be right to give you an unfinished or buggy image. infact the truth is every one would complain so let andy clean it up a little more and i assure you that it will be very soon and you guys will love it and say

well actually it was worth the wait
 
They also have no employment protection, no rule of law and very weak legal systems susceptible to political intervention.
Really? Try telling that to the people of Andorra, or Jersey, or Monaco, or Liechtenstein, or Gibraltar.
 
Really? Try telling that to the people of Andorra, or Jersey, or Monaco, or Liechtenstein, or Gibraltar.

And what manufacturing of note is done there, as that was your justification for having no public sector.
 
give silverfox a break. he has supplied info as required
 
give silverfox a break. he has supplied info as required

Thanks fintannel but i dont think that was aimed at me but a few previous posts made that where made off subject about the irish dept problem
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top