Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Timer IPTV Channel Name Lost on Reboot

robbieb43

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Points
3
Location
Near 29.1N 13.5W
Can someone educate me please in regard to how service identity/numbering is handled on reboot?

I have had an issue that has spanned several releases of v6.6 and it relates to some timers failing after a reboot. The timers are for channels that are SatIP streams from my local server (DVB-T). I have exteplayer3 installed and use 4097 for these streams. Here is an example:

Code:
#SERVICE 4097:0:1:1A:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3A//192.168.0.23%3A8875/%3Ffreq%3D546%26bw%3D8%26msys%3Ddvbt%26tmode%3Dauto%26mtype%3Dauto%26gi%3Dauto%26fec%3Dauto%26pids%3D0%2C16%2C500%2C501%2C503%2C504%2C505%2C202:TV CANARIA

(You can see I have encoded the special characters in the url portion also, but I cannot remember what past issue this was to address :o )

Since the timer in the timers.xml file is identical both before and after rebooting, I wondered whether something happens to the identity in Lamedb or the service list? I recall an answer to another question which implied that numbering was calculated on each boot(?) for instance.

The timer works correctly if I manually update the Channel name in the timer (and save), but again no change seem to occur to timers.xml.
 
There is no entry in lamedb for IPTV services.

Code:
#SERVICE 4097:0:1:1A:0:0:0:0:0:0:
For timers you need a fully qualified service reference, not a dummy like above.
 
Many thanks Huevos

There is no entry in lamedb for IPTV services.

Very good point.

Code:
#SERVICE 4097:0:1:1A:0:0:0:0:0:0:
For timers you need a fully qualified service reference, not a dummy like above.

Interesting and I think you have steered me to the answer. Given this format from other boards:

Stream_Type:0:1:SID:TID:NID:Namespace:0:0:0:

It would appear that the missing portions are TID, NID and Namespace which I would assume are more about if there were a need to tie the entry to a transponder/channel etc. I could of course create dummies for these but after a quick grep of my service lists it would appear my 4097:0:01:1A prefix is not exclusive (i.e the SID is duplicated) and therefore likely to be ambiguous. I created my lists in Daemon Edit and this is how these duplicates would have crept in. I can see that using one of the plugin based methods to import channel lists may be a better alternative in future.

I will make some changes and report back.

Many thanks.
 
Is there EPG for these channels?

If not how are you setting the timers?
 
I had created entries in my custom.channels.xml file to get the EPG working, though now I have changed the service ref this is broken.

It would appear that there is more to this than first appeared. After deleting the timers, then making some modifications as outlined earlier and restarting enigma I found that every time I refreshed the timers, the old ones reappeared. In the end I had remove all the entries from timers.xml and restart the box. Unfortunately, now if I create a new timer using “add”, it will not save my channel name. I need to experiment with different stream types, though I have never understood the reason for this restriction (the non recordable stream types).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top