Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mega] Timeshift error

  • Thread starter Thread starter necstandards
  • Start date Start date
N

necstandards

Guest
Just flashed to 5.1.013 and did setting restore (old image was 4.2.026). Now "Timeshift not possible" keeps popping up. When i press pause i get the same message.
Menu-setup-recodrings,playback&timeshift-timeshift-change to 5 seconds-save- then get this msg "The directory /media/hdd/timeshift is not EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, or NFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type"
I dont know what this means or how to fix and open to suggestions.
 
Hold on - i rebooted again & it seems fine. I apologize for creating this thread.
 
Just flashed to 5.1.013 and did setting restore (old image was 4.2.026). Now "Timeshift not possible" keeps popping up. When i press pause i get the same message.
Menu-setup-recodrings,playback×hift-timeshift-change to 5 seconds-save- then get this msg "The directory /media/hdd/timeshift is not EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, or NFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type"
I dont know what this means or how to fix and open to suggestions.

Maybe your hard disk has gone missing so there is nothing to record (timeshift) to?
Menu -> Information -> Devices. Is your internal or external hard disk listed there under detected devices

i) Try putting your box into deep standby and then switching off from the mains for 30 seconds before switching back on to see if a complete cold boot restores the disk on power up.
ii) Menu -> Setup -> Vix -> Mount manager and remount the hard disk
 
Such a frustrating error this. I had it on my hardrive. Only way to get rid seemed to be to reflash with the drive already formatted and attached.
 
Such a frustrating error this. I had it on my hardrive. Only way to get rid seemed to be to reflash with the drive already formatted and attached.
If timeshift has been configured (to use a harddrive) and there is no harddrive there are bound to be issues.
 
Sorry, yes in that case. But with two oldish drives I had this error intermittently, with the drive installed. A flash solved the problem. Or appears to.
 
I've only experienced this problem once, because of a hard reboot during a power cut. I logged in using SSH and run fsck on the hard disk. It fixed some filesystem errors and a reboot later the problem was gone. All my data and settings were still on the hard disk.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top