Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Timeshift problem - user error!

leeski

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Zeus build 023 for my VU+ Ultimo... after the box constantly crashed after installing 2x plugins (air player & open air player)... I completed another fresh flash.... initialised the hard drive etc.

Everything is fine except I can no longer get timeshift to work!... recordings are fine bit timeshift simply brings up the 'no entry type symbol'in th top right of the screen.

Thanks if anyone has a simple fix...
 
Last edited:
Go to menu > Setup > System > Timeshift Settings > Change 'Automatically start timeshift after' 2 seconds and change 'Show warning when timeshift is stopped' No. Then green button to save. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Andy_Hazza

Those are/have always been my settings... but it fails to timeshift! (only since Zeus update)

Not the end of the world but frustrating when it used to work!
 
Have you checked your mounts are set-up correctly? And timeshift is pointing to one of them?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Mickeyblueys,

after flashing I initialised the hard drive and all seemed good... I can record to the hard drive but not timeshift.... had my ultimo since sept. '12 and had no issues in the past setting anything... I have a nas which is showing under >network>mounts etc. the standard hard (1tb inside the VU+) has always been... /media/hdd/movie/ for recording & works fine...

However I have gone back into timeshift settings & the timeshift location is /media/hdd/timeshift/ but when I select it& ok I get the following...

There might not be enough space on the selected partition. do you want to continue?

going back into sorage devices & re-initialising the disc does not the slightes difference to my timeshift problem, which I thought it would do!
 
If recordings are working ok to /media/hdd then it sounds like your mounts are fine, but double check menu -> setup -> Vix -> mount manager

The hdd should be mounted as /media/hdd. Make sure your USB is not mounted as that.
 
Thanks for all input,

I everything suggested was done & I have no usb connected... just opened VU+ Control Centre & navigated to media/hdd/ and there was no timeshift folder! I created one and in the control centre & pressed pause... instantly worked! not sure why the folder was not created automatically from the menu options!

All seems good for now... cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top