Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

TM-2T OE Problem with OpenWebif Stream Port

  • Thread starter Thread starter excalibre
  • Start date Start date
E

excalibre

Guest
Hi All, anyone know how I can change the default OpenWebif streaming port from 8001 to xxxx.
I have tried to do it through the settings and it looks like it saves the changes but doesn't work.
Anyone know how I can edit the config file as it's in python ".pyo" format.

Cheers.
Excalibre.

P.S. Maybe someone can fix this bug ?
 
Ok Rob, Tried that and still no luck so must be a bug ?
Will only work if 8001 is selected as the stream port.
 
I don't have this box, so I can't check it myself. But as it works this way for all boxes, it might be a driver issue. If so, that would be for TM to fix.
 
I can confirm the issue on a Twin. Tried with build 704 as well as 705. 705 was USB flashed with no restore. Tried both 19/07/2013 and 14/06/2013 drivers. Works with default port but not if you change the port (restart was done).

VLC on the PC and Vu+ player on my phone refused to play from non default port. However, Dreamdroid allowed me to do so as there is a setting to change the streaming port.

I have attached two debug logs where one worked and the other failed.
 

Attachments

same thing on the Twin on build 706, if you change the stream port away from 8001 it wont play any streams via VLC.
 
Odd! I've tried 20130220, 20130430, 20130603 as well as 20130719 drivers as I am aware that these were in official images. Still the same issue.

Randomly tried 20120923 and 20120907 still failed. Did not go further back as that would take us to 3.5.1. Could it be the kernel change associated with 20130701 drivers? If I get bored, I will flash older images and check, I am currently on 706.
 
Just so that we are not barking up the wrong tree, could someone test with another make of receiver? Just in case it is not a TM specific issue. I have tested with a DM800 and this has the same issue.

I have USB flashed a TM Twin with no restores images 562 and 658, fails on non-default port. I am using a Virgin Media superhub, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Using Firefox.
 
Thanks guys for checking it out for me "Thought I was going mad for a min lol"
Anyone tried editing the openwebif py script directly to change the port and tried as I'm not familiar with python.
Just to confirm whether it's a software or hardware issue ?
Cheers.
Excalibre.:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top