Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Transfer failing HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter skooby
  • Start date Start date
S

skooby

Guest
Hi all,

Currently running vix on my solo2 and its great. However, my internal hard drive is starting to fail so going to setup vix to store to the network instead. I have done this with another box which never had an HD in the first place and it works great. The problem I have is that when the drive was failing it wouldnt spin up and vix would not boot. Clearly vix must store some stuff on the HD required for boot and its not all on the internal flash. The drive is readable at the moment so what is the easiest way to get it to use the network instead without having to do a complete reinstall? Once the network HD is running I can then remove the internal drive completely.

Thanks
Skooby
 
First of all: please state the build number your box is on. You have now entered '3' which is impossible.
Secondly: no external storage is needed for booting as the complete image is in flash.

How much time did you allow the box to boot? I ask as a not available mount at boot time can increase boot time considerably.
And how did you setup the mount? Via System --> Network --> Networkbrowser?
And did you use fstab or autofs?
 
Thanks for the reply, sorry my build is 808. I let the solo boot for about 10 minutes and tried it twice. I can never get the network browser to work on either of my boxes, it doesnt find anything. I add locations manually with mount manager, add new network mount point. The question I had was not about whether it could be done to have a network drive , as my second box has it working fine. My question was whether , given that the hdd is already on, did I have to transfer anything to get it to boot successfully and you have answered that thankyou. I will try disconnecting the hdd again and see if it works better this time.

Edit: used fstab

Thanks
Skooby
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top