Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Trouble accessing receiver remotely.

joysleep1

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,255
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Hi

Ok will do this post properly because i really want to get it resolved.
So on my current version 4.2.010 accessing remote works perfectly. I only want to do this occasionally to set and edit timers when outside of the house. So currently when i want to access my receiver i go to my dynamic DNS which i have made. Eg ?????????.asuscomm.com. I then open the relevant ports. After i do this, i open my app which is shown in the pic

Dreambox page.webp
. This is the current settings that i have entered in the app and this works perfectely fine. I can access timers and edit recordings. My current openwib if page is also attatched

openwebif.webp

Now i know it is not wise to open ports and the security issues surrounding it. But it is only for a few seconds and once i have finished, I ALWAYS LOG back in to my settings and CLOSE the ports. So it is not always open and once closed, there should not be a problem.

The only issue is when i update to the latest image, this feature does not work anymore. I log in to open the relevant ports and i can not get access remotely using the app or my laptop where i was able to type ??????.asuscomm.com/8000

Can someone please direct me to how to get it working on the latest image?

I hope i have provided enough relevant information

ps i have erased certain information which could be dangerous to post on public
 
You need to configure OpenWebif using the latest version of ViX (or the version you can't get working), not 4.2.10, as that version doesn't have the extra safeguards in the settings menu which have been added to reduce unauthorised access.
 
Last edited:
You need to configure OpenWebif using the latest version of ViX (or the version you can't get working), not 4.2.10, as that version doesn't have the extra safeguards in the settings menu which have been added to reduce unauthorised access.

Ok so what things need to to now be different? Because the exact same port number are still being used.
Because i tried configuring this on the new image but it still did not work
 
I can't check at the moment, but I'm pretty sure menu/plugins/openwebif will warn you which settings need to be changed to allow remote access.

But you need to be running the latest version of OpenWebif to see these warnings.

The GitHub reference which you were told about yesterday explains it....

Code:
https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/issues/467
 
Last edited:
I can't check at the moment, but I'm pretty sure menu/plugins/openwebif will warn you which settings need to be changed to allow remote access.

But you need to be running the latest version of OpenWebif to see these warnings.

The GitHub reference which you were told about yesterday explains it....

Code:
https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/issues/467

It does not explain what now has to be done in order to get it working like how it is now with the old image i am on.
Sorry for causing inconvenience
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top