R
rallymadryan
Guest
Hi, I am new to this and i have read a few related threads to my issue before posting but it didn't cure it. I was just wondering if you could help and offer me some advice on the issue. As i said i am new to this and have just bought a zgemma star s2 box from a friend of a friend.
He gave me a set of instructions to follow
'the usb stick needs to be in the back - one sky feed into tuner A the other into LNB then turn the box on, to download epg press menu-plugins-cross epg (only need to do this once) - then exit and use either the TV button at the bottom or the epg button just below the arrow keys'
And
'to do the scan that you do via a usb he just needs to
press menu-setup-service searching-autobouquetsmaker-start scan'
Anyhow, at First I did not plug 2x satalite cables into the box as I didn't know this was what you had to do, i thought it was just going to run off one feed from the LNB, so i loaded it up and it wouldn't work, so ran another wire to my LNB and then plugged in. It worked this time and the majority of channels (sky) were working but some were not and it would not allow me to do the ABM or the cross EPG and just kept saying 'timeout for tuner lock' or something similar and the guide was missing channels etc. After trying several things I decided to switch the leads in the back of the box and to check also that the copper wire was not touching anything else. It worked on the normal tv channels and then on the sky channels just said 'tuner failed'. I ran the service scan several times and ABM and cross EPG were now working but no sky channels would work.
Switched the tuner config of tuner b to equal to tuner a, which was reading 28.2E Eutelsat: 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F, was that the correct thing to do?
I then decided to switch the cables back over and the sky channels were now working again, however it was a very limited amount of info on the guide and also minus a few of the guide catagories, for example adult. It's not hidden through ABM, so thought I'd scan it again. 'Timeout for tuner lock!!!'
Has anybody experienced this before or would you be able to offer me some help and advice in order to sort it?
Again, apologies for the lack of knowledge and i may even have posted in the wrong place but i tried with the little knowledge i do have to post in the correct place.
Regards, Ryan
He gave me a set of instructions to follow
'the usb stick needs to be in the back - one sky feed into tuner A the other into LNB then turn the box on, to download epg press menu-plugins-cross epg (only need to do this once) - then exit and use either the TV button at the bottom or the epg button just below the arrow keys'
And
'to do the scan that you do via a usb he just needs to
press menu-setup-service searching-autobouquetsmaker-start scan'
Anyhow, at First I did not plug 2x satalite cables into the box as I didn't know this was what you had to do, i thought it was just going to run off one feed from the LNB, so i loaded it up and it wouldn't work, so ran another wire to my LNB and then plugged in. It worked this time and the majority of channels (sky) were working but some were not and it would not allow me to do the ABM or the cross EPG and just kept saying 'timeout for tuner lock' or something similar and the guide was missing channels etc. After trying several things I decided to switch the leads in the back of the box and to check also that the copper wire was not touching anything else. It worked on the normal tv channels and then on the sky channels just said 'tuner failed'. I ran the service scan several times and ABM and cross EPG were now working but no sky channels would work.
Switched the tuner config of tuner b to equal to tuner a, which was reading 28.2E Eutelsat: 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F, was that the correct thing to do?
I then decided to switch the cables back over and the sky channels were now working again, however it was a very limited amount of info on the guide and also minus a few of the guide catagories, for example adult. It's not hidden through ABM, so thought I'd scan it again. 'Timeout for tuner lock!!!'
Has anybody experienced this before or would you be able to offer me some help and advice in order to sort it?
Again, apologies for the lack of knowledge and i may even have posted in the wrong place but i tried with the little knowledge i do have to post in the correct place.
Regards, Ryan