Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Query on more than 4 tuners on Zgemma H7s

smipx

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2019
Messages
475
Reaction score
9
Points
18
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.8.002
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
Quick question for the devs please?
I have an H7s that I am fully loading up as a tuner box.

I have the built-in 2x S2x and 1x T2
I also have a USB tuner (Tuner D) which is the Xbox mono tuner

This all works fine. Just got another xbox USB T2 (mono) Tuner that I have confirmed is working on another box. When I plug in the second identical tuner into the H7s only A B C D are showing up. my settings file for nims is as follows:

config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.282.lnb=2
config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.0.diseqcB=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcC=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcD=3601
config.Nims.0.powerMeasurement=False
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.282.lnb=2
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.1.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.1.powerMeasurement=False
config.Nims.2.configModeDVBT=True
config.Nims.2.terrestrial=Beacon Hill A, Torbay (Europe DVB-T/T2)

I added some lines to this:

config.Nims.3.configModeDVBT=True
config.Nims.3.terrestrial=Beacon Hill A, Torbay (Europe DVB-T/T2)
.. in the hope it might make it kick into life but alas not.

Is the Zgemma H7s limited to 4 physical tuners somewhere? Having the ability to add the 5th would be most helpful
:)

Thanks
Paul
 
The limiting factor will be the maximum number of front ends it has in the drivers. We had a similar issue with the GI LX3. It would not allow a 5th tuner. Issue the following command in Putty/Terminal and report back the results.

grep -r "" /proc/stb/frontend
 
Last edited:
Hi Abu,

This is the result from that command:
root@zgemmah7:~# grep -r "" /proc/stb/frontend
/proc/stb/frontend/0/static_current_limiting:off
/proc/stb/frontend/0/static_current_limiting_choices:off on



and as an image as the blasted forum editor seems to be converting it to emojis .. grrrrr
1769640152520.webp


Thanks
Paul
 

Attachments

  • 1769640236637.webp
    1769640236637.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
My other option is to pop the extra tuner onto my other "client" box and then set the alternative tuner option in the Zgemma so it can be called upon if required (not very often I admit).
 
Hi, Is that something that can be changed or is it baked into the device?
 
These are the drivers, you cannot change them. On the Zgemma H9S SE, I have the following. Maybe I posted the wrong command.
 

Attachments

  • zgemma frontend.webp
    zgemma frontend.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 3
Look in "/dev/dvb/adapter0" for the number of demuxes. If there are only 4 demuxes, that will be the max number of tuners the box can have (including external USB devices).
 
Hi Huevos,

Tis so:
demuxes.webp

I will revert to plan B and put the extra tuner into my other box and setup Fallback Configuration for the extra usb tuner.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Paul
 
Hey, did you happen to use any other dvbt tuner with your zgemmas? I have the xbox tuner, but i got an issues with some of the frequencies, i got a strong signal and the tv works fine on other receivers, but on the xbox tuner connected to my zgemma, the picture on few channels (all from single one frequency) are pixelating heavily.
 
Hey, did you happen to use any other dvbt tuner with your zgemmas? I have the xbox tuner, but i got an issues with some of the frequencies, i got a strong signal and the tv works fine on other receivers, but on the xbox tuner connected to my zgemma, the picture on few channels (all from single one frequency) are pixelating heavily.
Hi,

I use the xbox tuner and mine seems okay - it pixellates a bit more than the built-in T2 tuner but its pretty useable. I did have a 2nd one that I tried and that was rubbish so it may be down to the particular tuner module being a bit bad. Maybe get another one off ebay or similar and give it a go and sell the other one on (if so inclined) - or better still if the replacement works better bin the one you currently have it and gain karma. I did note that the "bad" one I have is especially "bad" in my SF8008 - unusable in fact.

:)
 
Its pretty expensive where i live, so i was hoping for an alternative i could order from aliexpress or something, and be sure it works, instead of trying my luck with another one from xbox.
 
I have two more questions, cause i just installed fresh latest openvix, and connected the tunner, set it up and it works flawlessly now. Does the xbox tuner is the same in USA and Europe? Cause i could get it for cheap from USA if it would work here too, im just not sure, i know USA has different standards, but it seems like theres only one version of the tuner globally, and its dvbt/t2 & c everywhere?

Also im from Poland, and it seems that the tuner has issues with epg language from the dvb-c provider, all the regional letters are replaced with weird symbols, is there a way to fix it somehow? Theres no issue with the epg from sat, only from cable.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top