Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Tuner A: CrossEPG timeout for tuner lock

  • Thread starter Thread starter bazzawhite
  • Start date Start date
B

bazzawhite

Guest
Hi All,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue I have with EPG download. I setup crossEPG a while back on my box and never had issues until recently. I had it set to auto-download everyday, but when using the box, the EPG data was missing. I manually tried to download the EPG and kept getting error "timeout for tuner lock". Autoboquets works fine, all channels work and show video as intended, but EPG always fails. I read a post on the forums from a while ago and tried various things including manual tuner settings posted by abu baniaz. I made sure the connector was in properly, and wiring wasn't damaged. I had no luck with this.

Luckily, I have a second tuner which I connected to and downloaded EPG successfully. I disabled Tuner A so channels would show, it seems the box tries to use Tuner A by default.

What I want to know is whether the tuner is faulty, if so I can contact the seller for advice on a possible replacement as it is under warranty. Are there other tests I could perform to make sure it is the tuner? Like I get video and autoboquets works fine.

Thanks for your help
 
AutoBouquets, (not AutoBouquetsMaker) uses the active tuner if on 28.2.



CrossEPG downloader and AutoBouquetsMaker uses the last free tuner.



How many signal wires, direct from LNB, do you have? What kind of dish setup do you have?
 
Thanks for replying. I have one wire connected to Tuner B. In another room I have two wires connected successfully to another box (Mut@nt HD2400). It is a Sky Quad LNB dish provided by Sky.
 
This box, which is it? How many tuners does it have?

For each tuner, please state the tuner configuration you have set.
 
Hi,

The box with the issue is Technomate NANO-2-SUPER. I bought the box with two tuners pre-installed. The tuners are set as simple with 28E Astra. I tried settings from a previous thread you posted at as well to try. See screenshot

Thanks for your help

tapatalk_1486304733643.webp
 
Please confirm if following is correct:

You have only one signal wire connected to receiver.
Tuner A is set to simple, single, 28.2
Tuner B is set to simple, single, 28.2
 
Please confirm if following is correct:

You have only one signal wire connected to receiver.
Tuner A is set to simple, single, 28.2
Tuner B is set to simple, single, 28.2

Yes that is correct but I've had to disable Tuner A and use Tuner B in the above mentioned configuration to get EPG and video
 
You are confusing me. You cant give two opposing answers. It is illogical to confirm what I asked and then say it is different. Don't say what it was, just say what it is now please.

Questions are asked to help you. I look forward to your FOUR answers

Please tell us what is connected to Tuner A NOW.
Please tell us what is connected to Tuner B NOW.
Please tell us what tuner A is configured as NOW
Please tell us what tuner B is configured as NOW.
 
Please tell us what is connected to Tuner A NOW. - nothing connected
Please tell us what is connected to Tuner B NOW. - wire connected
Please tell us what tuner A is configured as NOW - disabled
Please tell us what tuner B is configured as NOW. - simple, single, 28.2

Please see above for my responses
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Next test, please do not touch the cabling.

If you configure/set tuner B as simple, single, automatic, does it get a lock?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top