Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Tuner B appears to be active (displayed as yellow on LCD) for no apparent reason

  • Thread starter Thread starter zYx
  • Start date Start date
Z

zYx

Guest
I have 3 LNBs, 4 cables and 4 tuners.

Tuners A and B are connected to the same (twin) LNB and tuners C and D to the other ones.

Since yesterday I started noticing that tuner B (or A) is being used. On the color display, tuner being watched is displayed as green and the other tuner as yellow.

I attached a picture of the screen. Tuner B is not accessible in this state. Sometimes it goes off and I can watch a second channel, but not at the moment.

Could LNB be faulty? Tuner D is also connected to twin LNB, but only one socket is being used. Tuner C is connected to single LNB.


^in this case, tuner D is being watched and B is, well... yellow :P
 
have you got your ports open to the internet?
 
More than likely your receiver has been hacked and he or she is stealing your channels ether for personal use or to sell on a streaming site. Next time you see ittry a telnet session with the netstat command and you should see what ip's are connected to the receiver. I would also highly suggest you disable all open ports for streaming and transcoding if you have any open as this will be how they have gotten into the receiver in the first place.
 
Well, I do hope you're wrong, but please tell me what I can do to see what is happening.

Yes, I do have a port open.

I can see my routers logs, but I can't see any activity to the ports related.
 
Well, I do hope you're wrong, but please tell me what I can do to see what is happening.

Yes, I do have a port open.

I can see my routers logs, but I can't see any activity to the ports related.

open a telnet session and issue the netstat command when you see the tuners in use, and post the results here. It is very common for users to get hacked when opening ports for streaming channels as there is next to nothing in the way of security in enigma2 even with passwords set, opening ports opens your receiver up to being hacked,
 
Ok, here's the netstat results below.

The Xs and xs are recognised IPs, but the one with 188 is suspicious.

Code:
root@vuduo2:~# netstat
Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 vuduo2.local:54469      XX.XX.XX.XX:18900      ESTABLISHED
tcp        0 159840 vuduo2.local:8001       188.165.0.34:57589      ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 vuduo2.local:48427      xx-xx-xx-xx.ip.asXXXXX.net:18900 ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 vuduo2.local:8888       zYx-Pro.local:49370     ESTABLISHED
tcp        1      0 vuduo2.local:8001       188.165.0.34:57255      CLOSE_WAIT
tcp        0      0 ::ffff:192.168.0.3:telnet ::ffff:192.168.0.21:50246 ESTABLISHED
Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  6      [ ]         DGRAM                       655 /dev/log
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED        611
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                     19537
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      17975 /tmp/nxserver_ipc
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18799
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18806 /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED        335
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18344
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1643
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18805
unix  2      [ ]         STREAM                      301
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED       1245 /tmp/nxserver_ipc
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18345 /tmp/camd.socket
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18222 /tmp/camd.socket
unix  2      [ ]         STREAM                      300
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED        610
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                     18797
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      17974
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      18800
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1775
unix  2      [ ]         STREAM                      299
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED      19480
root@vuduo2:~#
 
Confirms that someone in France is currently using one of your tuners.
 
Confirms that someone in France is currently using one of your tuners.

Great!

IP is now blocked, wibif disabled.

I hoped the enigma2 password was good enough. Obviously not.

I tried setting up VPN on my Intel NUC, but I had not luck so far. I tried SoftEther and openVPN, but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Please tell me what I should do or if you know how to set up VPN server on windows 7.
 
Blocking 1 ip will do you no good. Close the open ports, a security risk to all devices on your network.
 
I might writeup a tutorial about how to setup private key access to SSH as this is a reasonable alternative to a VPN setup and secure.
VPN is very complex to setup, but private key/SSH, whilst complex, it's not so complex as the vpn setup is.
 
yes that port is safe, thats how i have my network setup

only 1 port open for OpenVPN, and im good to go.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top