Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Tuner config

DaMacFunkin

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
2,704
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
54
Hello can I ask how something might work, let's say my Tuner A is fixed to 28.2 and my Tuner B is motorised. Tuner priority is set to auto and preferred recording tuner is set to A.
If I'm watching a channel on Tuner A say BBC1 for arguments sake, and a timed recording starts on ITV, will the recording take place on Tuner A and my viewing be switched to tuner B?
 
I believe so

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
 
Please double check. I don't think a swap of tuner occurs. Next available tuner is used. I could be wrong.
 
The reason I gave that example is because what happens when there is no next available tuner, I will try to simulate when I'm home tomorrow night.
 
When a tuner is not available, provided the setting "recordings have priority" is still on, (this is default), "zap and record" will take place without a prompt. A notification will be displayed of what has just happened.

If tuner is available, recording will take place in the background.

AFAIK
 
Hello can I ask how something might work, let's say my Tuner A is fixed to 28.2 and my Tuner B is motorised. Tuner priority is set to auto and preferred recording tuner is set to A.
If I'm watching a channel on Tuner A say BBC1 for arguments sake, and a timed recording starts on ITV, will the recording take place on Tuner A and my viewing be switched to tuner B?

'Tuner priority is set to auto' means that the tuner that has the least number of satellites will be preferred (i.e. tuner A in your case). So if the TV is in standby, and you start watching or a recording starts, tuner A will be used.
Any other second happening, such as a stream to a PC or a recording, will use the same tuner IF that event is on the same transponder. If it is on any other transponder, tuner B will be used.
In no case a new event will cause a swap of tuners (with the exception of live TV switching to a recorded channel if the number of tuners runs out due to many recordings).

In your case you would want to use tuner B for live-TV as much as possible (as it gives you the highest number of services). So in 'customise' you would set preferred tuner to B, and in 'recording settings' to A.
 
Yeah just figured that out as my little experiment didn't work, doesn't matter anymore in the scheme of things I'm probably going to move the solo2 to the bedroom and get a 3 or 4 tuner duo2 this week, just shopping around for the best price.
 
He'd have to be in a good mood to match s***emsat given that I want an octo lnb and a load of webro it works out about £50 cheaper, I know the sponsors shipping charges are cheaper but still.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top