Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Tuner Configuration - recording Tuner A, watching Tuner B

theo

New member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I want to be able to record one channel (on Hotbird)and watch another (on Astra 19) at the same time.

This is my set-up: Vu +Duo, Vix image, one dish with 3 Dual LNB's attached, two feeds coming into house via two multi-diseq switches, one to Tuner A and the other to Tuner B.

See photo for my Tuner A set-up:

mutant set-up.webp

I am completely foxed as how I set up Tuner B - is it loopthrough, equal to, advanced or simple? And do I have to set a unique Port letter and Input number for each LNB under 'Diseq 1.0 Command' and 'Diseq 1.1 Command'
 
Set both tuners as simple.
Mode: DISEqC A/B/C/D
Port A: where it's pointing
Port B: where its pointing

and so on...
 
Ive set both Tuner A and Tuner B to 'simple' but its not working (My aim is to watch one channel and record on another channel at the same time). Photo below of my setup for Tuner A (Tuner B setup is identical):
mutants.webp

I notice that if I record on Tuner A and then go to watch another channel the onscreen menu says im on Tuner AB (and I dont get a picture/it doesnt tune-in)
 

Attachments

  • mutants.webp
    mutants.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
If two tuners are in use, both letters will light up.

Your tuner configuration seems fine.
To be sure, you can amend the advice in post 2 and instead of manually selectng the satellites, leave it in automatic.

Are you sure you are diagnosing the problem correctly? If you get a tune failed, you normally get an error message. To me it seems as if your problem is clearing the channel, not tuning. This normally happens when people use CCcam and the use a version less than 2.30.
 
Figured it out now. No, I wasnt diagnosing the problem correctly. Problem was that I had not connected cable to Tuner B ! Oops. Anyway, working fine now, thanks for help.

Just one more thing. I have "Set voltage and 22Khz" set to 'Yes' and "Send Diseqc only on satellite change" to 'Yes'(see photos in Post 3) Are these settings correct for me? I dont understand them. I am using two auto-diseqc switches to move between the satellites
 
Ive made a mistake. The set-up suggested in post 2 and illustrated in the picture in post 3 DOESN'T work. I am still unable to watch on one satellite (Tuner A) and record on Tuner B. Any advice where I go from here?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top