Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Tuner in use permanently even when in standby

geeebeee

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2013
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Hello. I've noticed the last two evenings that one of the tuner indicators was lit when in standby. There was nothing recording. On switching the box on, a second tuner lit. I've tried clean flashing the box and it was fine all day. Something is happening in the small hours. I have got auto bouquets set up to refresh each night and the epg to refresh too. Auto bouquets uses tuner D and (I believe) epg is refreshed online.
Not sure if this is pointing at a hardware fault or if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.
Gary
 
Are you sure the tuner isn't actually in use? e.g. by someone trying to stream (to a mobile device or a PC)?
You can disconnect the Ethernet cable to be absolutely sure about that.
But also Cross or ABM might be running.

Having said that: it happens to my Ultimo as well (although very rarely). No stream, no recordings, and still Enigma thinks that one tuner is being used. That means that a tuner hasn't been properly released when it should have been: not much you can do about it. It fixes itself after some time, but you can also restart E2.
 
Hi Rob. Thanks for that; very useful. I'm not aware of any remote connections but will disable the functionality to be sure and see how that works out.
Gary
 
Having said that: it happens to my Ultimo as well (although very rarely). No stream, no recordings, and still Enigma thinks that one tuner is being used. That means that a tuner hasn't been properly released when it should have been: not much you can do about it. It fixes itself after some time, but you can also restart E2.

Now you mention that, I have noticed the same. But, it's only really the usb dvb-t2 tuner that's cause the problem. Internal tuners haven't show this iirc...
 
There was a similar issue reported on the forum last night
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35247-Weird-Tuner-and-OpenWebif-issue&p=266513#post266513

Could they all be connected? In my case I didn't check to see if both tuners were in use but it is possible and would explain all the data usage.
 
Hi mate,

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Tuner-and-OpenWebif-issue&p=266513#post266513


Yep that's my post, I think someone has been viewing my box. However when I took the Ethernet out the box it was still displaying that someone was using a tuner. Again no recordings. At the moment I've totally turned off my dyndns account and port forwarding to see if it occurs again. At the moment it seems to be ok.

Out if interest is there a way to track the person who was watching it? Because I've also changed my password on the box but somehow 24 hours later they got access again.
 
It depends on the router that you have. On mine I can login and go to system logs/connections and that displays all ip's that are connected. You can then use
Code:
whois.net
to get some info on the ip.
 
You could also use cmd in windows to get any ip address connected to your network.
 
It depends on the router that you have. On mine I can login and go to system logs/connections and that displays all ip's that are connected. You can then use
Code:
whois.net
to get some info on the ip.

I can see the IP addresses inside my house and what they are connecting to but not the other way round. I can't see what is accessing me. I have an asus rt-n66u router. I'll have to research on that or use cmd like you said. Thanks
 
It's a worry isn't it. I've locked my system down with new passwords and keys galore on the box and router to see if this happens again.
Gary
 
It's a worry isn't it. I've locked my system down with new passwords and keys galore on the box and router to see if this happens again.
Gary

It is mate. I was in panic when I realised that someone was watching MY tv. I've been port forwarding my cctv and nas for years without any problems and im really surprised that this has occurred TWICE IN TWO DAYS. Ive just turned everything off from the router. At the moment everything seems fine.
 
It's quite easy to do a google search for OpenWebif interace. If you've opened it to external networks, even on a non standard port without password protecting it, you can expect these issues.

Just did a google search, first page shows me two boxes I can fully take control of.
 
So far no worries: this is about a tuner in (apparent) use. As disconnecting the Ethernet cable apparently doesn't help, and no outcome of 'netstat' has been posted, it looks like the issue I mentioned: sometimes the tuner is simply not being released.
 
I defo got hacked the other day... Just done a box for someone ...and did not change password immediately. I noticed the rec. Came on and noticed my motorised dish was moving to porn channel. I turned the channel over and the other person turned it back. Had a bit of a game to ensure it was not software error.......pulled out cat5 cable and all ok.
Changed my ip with my isp and changed box password and ok up till now.

Seems like mass search on port 8002...???? With default box passwords.
 
The outcome of netstat has not been posted as I've turned off my port forwarding and dyndns account so no one can access anything. So far I've had no problems with the tuner. Just tuner A shows as it should. So someone was watching my box. But how did they manage to get my new password?
 
I've had the exact same thing happen to me over the weekend. The wife was having trouble recording a program and watching another as it said the other tuner was in use. I thought and still do it was the tuner not releasing after I had been streaming to my phone from work. I restarted the box and as soon as picture on the TV came back on the record symbol appeared again right away giving us the same problem recording. SO yesterday morning I reflashed the box and changed the password and all is ok now. Thing that gets me is I've had the box passworded and it is quite a strong password with upper/lower case and numeric so I can't see how someone could just guess that ?
 
There seems to be a lot of this going on lately. Is there a tutorial on the site for changing the default password?
 
I've had the exact same thing happen to me over the weekend. The wife was having trouble recording a program and watching another as it said the other tuner was in use. I thought and still do it was the tuner not releasing after I had been streaming to my phone from work. I restarted the box and as soon as picture on the TV came back on the record symbol appeared again right away giving us the same problem recording. SO yesterday morning I reflashed the box and changed the password and all is ok now. Thing that gets me is I've had the box passworded and it is quite a strong password with upper/lower case and numeric so I can't see how someone could just guess that ?

Are you sure your password changed? When I changed mine I used cmd on windows and it confirmed that the password was changed but when I used flashfxp to connect to the box which had been setup previously with the default password it connected.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top