Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Tuner loop through antenna signal stops in receiver deep stand by?

rte

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
Points
16
When in deep standby, Vu+Ultimo also shuts the loop through antenna signal in internal DBV-T and DBV-T/T2 modules. I suppose it does it for the DVB-S signal, too. This can't be correct. Why so?
 
'Deep standby' is the same as 'off'. And without power nothing works, including a loop through, a loop through is governed by the drivers.
So yes: that is correct behaviour.
 
Not so correct according to my opinion. Loop through means straight physical loop through of antenna signal, not governed by any drivers or power.
 
Not so correct according to my opinion. Loop through means straight physical loop through of antenna signal, not governed by any drivers or power.
Well, I don't think that's technical possible: after all the antenna-in goes to the tuner. So there must be some kind of logic that decides that the tuner itself doesn't need the signal so it can be passed on to the antenna-out. And 'logic' means processing and processing means power is required.
But of course: if you think there is an other option, you might suggest a new hardware design/mofification to VU[SUP]+[/SUP].
 
dont put box in deep standby,i never put any of my boxes in deep standby.:)
 
Still I don't understand the logic. The antenna signal in goes to internal tuner but it should go out before that. Internal power or electronics should not interfere that or if it has to, it should do that even if the power is off. Two tuners may be connected to the same signal. This is what always happens in PVR. The same signal goes as loop through from PVR to TV set no matter if PVR is switched on or not. It is odd that this is not the case in Vu+ internal tuner. And I always use deep stand by in stead of keeping the receiver on at stand by all the time. Otherwise the receiver will be switched on by itself in temporary main power breaks.
 
Still I don't understand the logic. The antenna signal in goes to internal tuner but it should go out before that. Internal power or electronics should not interfere that or if it has to, it should do that even if the power is off. Two tuners may be connected to the same signal. This is what always happens in PVR. The same signal goes as loop through from PVR to TV set no matter if PVR is switched on or not. It is odd that this is not the case in Vu+ internal tuner. And I always use deep stand by in stead of keeping the receiver on at stand by all the time. Otherwise the receiver will be switched on by itself in temporary main power breaks.
I'm sorry, but I can't explain it any clearer then I did.
If you need the loop-through signal, the box should be in stand-by, not switched off.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top