Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Tuner Selection

stevejclarke

New member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I don't think this has been specifically asked before, but apologies if I've missed it. I have an ET9500 with Tuner A on an old fixed dish, tuner B on a Motorised dish and Tuner C is a USB-T2. I have tuner order set up as S/T/C and preferred tuner as B. I've also been trying to use Dreambox Edit to sort my channels.
Is there a way I can specify which tuner (A or B) I want to use when viewing, or setting up a timer without changing preferred timer every time, and/or is there a way I can sort them into chanel lists ? Once the box has found a channel on 28.2 it only seems to list it once.
 
why dont you set "preferred mode" to auto??

not quite sure what you are asking on the second part of your post, regarding channel list,..its reading is a bit confused
 
1- Setting preferred tuner to 'auto' is normally the best way. For a first commitment the box will than choose the tuner with the least number of satellites, thus allowing maximum freedom for other things during that commitment.
2- Alternative tuner-priority is something else: in a mixed tuner set-up you can order the box to use the DVB-T or DVB-C or DVB-S tuner for the first commitment. This setting prevails over the 'preferred tuner setting'. Once a commitment is being executed (according to this setting), the next priority is i.a.w. the 'preferred tuner' setting.
3- You can make a satellite scan as well as a DVB-T scan. Once done you can make separate bouquets for the S- and T-services. When making a timer, you can choose yourself if that timer is on a T- or on a S-service.

I hope this answers your questions.
 
Thank-you for the explanation, that makes it clearer as to how it all works.
Point 1 explains why the fixed dish is selected when 'auto' is selected as peferred tuner, and this would prevent the motorised dish moving if I'm watching another channel on that tuner. However sometimes I would prefer the timer to use the motorised dish if I'm not watching it as I get a better and more reliable signal from that one.
The DVB-T chanels are easy to select for watching or timers as they're listed separately under 'Terrestial'.
I guess the question I'm asking is, apart from the preferred tuner setting, is there any other way I can specify which tuner to use for a channel which is available on 2 different DVB-S tuners.
 
The simple answer is 'no'.
Only work around I see is to deny the tuner with the motorised dish the satellite that's on the fixed dish (which is your case is probably deleting 28.2 from the available satellites of the motor). That way 28.2 is only available via tuner A, and all other satellites via tuner B.
But I guess this isn't what you're really after.
 
Ok, thanks Rob. At least I now know and won't keep thinking I've missed something.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top