Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Unable to Boot VU+ Solo2

bathingaper

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Points
16
hey - over the past few days i've had a black screen with an error appearing which can only be bypassed if i unplugged the box and powered back on. It says that a log file is created in /hdd/ but I can't seem to find it by FTP'ing into it. I am now not able to power on the box at all as i get the error on bootup :( It looks like it's saying that there is no space left on device however I do have a 500GB HD attached with around 400GB free. I'm guessing it's talking about flash memory? Error no. 28 if this helps. I am still able to FTP to it while the error is sitting there. I've took pictures with my phone also if that helps! Can anyone help me? Can I clear stuff out through FTP? Had to happen on Champions League night!

20131106_185927.jpg
 
Ok not to worry, best to just reflash the receiver then.

p.s from your picture your box is just in whats called a bootloop, so a fresh flash should sort things out easily enough.
 
I've managed to delete some languages which has free'd up some space. I can now boot up but want to know how to avoid this happening again? Some sort of swap file?

My flash states: Total 196.8M / Free 244k
 
A swap file wont do any thing for you on a solo2 but slow the receiver down, simply your flash is getting filled up, by what i dont know unless you can give us a detailed rundown of your image setup.
 
Ah right thanks - hmmmmm...,

Solo2 with CrossEPG. TSMedia and OnDemand plugins installed from pretty much day one (six months ago).

A few autotimers setup. Subtitles always on by default.

I'm not sure what else to list :/
 
Where is the EPG saved to as this can easily corrupt and if stored on the flash it can fill it up rapidly ( in hours or less ).
 
well something has gone wrong to fill the flash and without finding out what it will likely happen again. I would personally backup all important files and reflash from scratch just for peace of mind if nothing more.
 
well something has gone wrong to fill the flash and without finding out what it will likely happen again. I would personally backup all important files and reflash from scratch just for peace of mind if nothing more.

thanks for that, will defo try the reflash
 
What softcam are you using? If oscam, then be aware that it can create massive emm logs if you've enabled them. By default these logs are located at /etc/tuxbox/config
 
What softcam are you using? If oscam, then be aware that it can create massive emm logs if you've enabled them. By default these logs are located at /etc/tuxbox/config

Hi there sorry for late reply. I am using CCam. However I am due to reflash this so hopefully it will fix it!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top