Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Unable to Flash using a usb 3.0 pen drive

markus625

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
23
Points
0
Age
56
Hi Guys

Not came across this problem before.

I have a VU Duo which i am trying to fresh flash as i wanna sell it as ive upgraded , i usually use a usb 2.0 drive to flash but seeing thats taken up with other stuff ive only got a usb 3.0 drive at hand, now when i try to flash a new image i.e openvix-Hades.010.release-vuduo_usb it by passes the drive and goes straight into starting up as normal I have also tried to use duo_cfe_3_0_usb but just the same.

Ive formated the pen drive with fat32 and copied over the vuplus folder to the root of the drive.

Any ideas guys.
 
Some USB drives just don't work espcially if more than 4GB. There's a sticky somewhere with a list.
 
Thanks.

Its a 8gb so maybe thats why, did manage to find a 4gb usb 2 stick which did the trick.
 
If it has a internal HDD copy the compressed image file in .zip format to /media/hdd/imagebackups/ then use the restore option in the image manager to couch flash the image.

Thats assuming the current image on the box has the couch flash feature.
 
I have a Kingston 8GB USB pen drive that I use without any issues.
 
I use multiple size sticks from 1 GB to 32 without issues, but I have never tried a USB 3.0 stick which is the likely issue here.
 
I thought usb3 was backward compatible with usb2 devices, I wouldnt think you would need any usb3 drivers as all receivers only have usb2.

But maybe some testing needs doing as i would think most newer usb pen drives are usb3 now or just as cheap as usb2 anyway.
 
I thought usb3 was backward compatible with usb2 devices, I wouldnt think you would need any usb3 drivers as all receivers only have usb2.

But maybe some testing needs doing as i would think most newer usb pen drives are usb3 now or just as cheap as usb2 anyway.
I read USB 3.0 is both backwards and forwards compatible (ie USB 2 can read USB 3 as is the case in this situation).
 
Thanks.

Its a 8gb so maybe thats why, did manage to find a 4gb usb 2 stick which did the trick.
I was trying to flash a Vu Solo but could not get any to work a Kingston 8GB and a Kingston 4GB both USB 3 also tried a Sandisk 8GB also a USB 3 , to be honest I thought any USB would work but no. What I did was borrow a USB from a friend a Kingston 4GB 0.2 and that booted first time with no issues. Yet my Mutant takes any :confused:
 
Just flashed my Solo2 with a Kingston 16gb usb 3.0 this week with no issues.:thumbsup:
 
I asked W.O.S to flash my Vu Solo for me when I purchased it last year it would be interesting to know what they use for each box then everyone would know what to purchase or use when flashing with USB.:sofahide:
 
He uses genuine kingston USB sticks less than 8GB in size.
 
I use Kingston g4 8gb for all my receivers. Works perfectly out of the box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top