Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Unknown kernel process?

Mickkie

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
8
Points
18
What type of support thread are you creating?
Possible bug
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7.019
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
I noticed a kernel process running on my Mut@nt HD51 with a strange name "ooooooooooooooo":
Code:
  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND 
 ....
 1337 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.04 [jbd2/sda1-8] 
 1338 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 [ext4-rsv-conver] 
 1366 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 [bioset] 
 1387 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.17 [ooooooooooooooo] 
 1388 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.08 [nxsched] 
 1389 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.57 [nxsched]
I checked an Octagon sx988 box and it does not show such a process.
I had installed PlutoTV on the Mut@nt for a couple of weeks, before I noticed it was running out of swap space and at times there was a lot of lag in responding to commands on the remote - so I uninstalled it and rebooted.
Before I try reflashing it, is this an expected kernel process, or is there something wrong with my system? If normal and as it should be, what does it do - what is it for?
 
I suspect this is genuine.
My et8000 (a mips system) has:

Code:
root       188     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
root       244     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnn]
root       245     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn]
root       246     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn]
root       247     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn]
root       248     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnn]
root       249     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnnn]
root       250     2  0 09:58 ?        00:00:00 [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn]

These are kernel processes. Not sure what they do, but they will be needed (and you can't remove them anyway).
 
Thank you birdman,

I did try to kill the process just now and you're right, its within the kernel protection domain and cannot be killed. I do recall coming across process names like your [nnnnnnnn] but not [oooooooo] in my travels, in embedded systems. It could be something to do with masking non-printing characters - not sure. :-/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top