H
hyperjase
Guest
I'm having lots of different issues which all result in having to reflash the Duo. I was quite impressed to begin with but small niggling issues have made me disappointed with my purchase. I find that trying to watch an MKV file from the drive will often result in having the VIX spinning logo appear, usually a lock up followed by a turn off-on followed by no sound (last time this happened I had to update to get it working again). I understand that these are Linux based but does anyone else have such issues? I'm frustrated that the box crashes quite often and it takes time to reflash each time to attempt to resolve these problems.
I've also found that usually after switching off-on the mounts will screw up (usually the usb stick I have specifically for the epg, picons and swap file) and will have to re-initialise it to make it work correctly (it never usually shows up as mnt/usb but as mnt/sdb1 until I re-initialise).
Also MiniDLNA (which is perfect for my streaming option) never appears to refresh the database correctly. With no settings changed for days on end, it won't add new files. For whatever reason, it's working now but don't hold out hope that it will refresh again.
I have an internal 1tb 3.5 sata drive installed and a 8gb usb stick in the rear for epg, picon and swap files.
Any pointers to resolving these problems would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I've also found that usually after switching off-on the mounts will screw up (usually the usb stick I have specifically for the epg, picons and swap file) and will have to re-initialise it to make it work correctly (it never usually shows up as mnt/usb but as mnt/sdb1 until I re-initialise).
Also MiniDLNA (which is perfect for my streaming option) never appears to refresh the database correctly. With no settings changed for days on end, it won't add new files. For whatever reason, it's working now but don't hold out hope that it will refresh again.
I have an internal 1tb 3.5 sata drive installed and a 8gb usb stick in the rear for epg, picon and swap files.
Any pointers to resolving these problems would be appreciated.
Thanks.