Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Update from 147 to 163

  • Thread starter Thread starter cga
  • Start date Start date
C

cga

Guest
Can I use my settings backup updating from build 147 to 163?

Is the new OE-A core introduced in build 163 or not yet?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No......Fresh full flash recommended from Build 155 and onwards.
 
no matter what image i use i always start from scratch with no restores less hassles with bugs.:thumbsup:
 
No when you have to set up three satellites. Is there any file I can back up to keep my tuner set-up configuration or is it not right to do so, that's the only thing I would like to keep?
 
not used it but dreambox edit or dreambox control for loading and unloading files to pc and back to box.

have a look in the vix manual pdf file as it might have something there also.
 
Just grab it from your settings file.

/etc/enigma2/settings
 
That's what I need /etc/enigma2/settings
I wouldn't restore the full settings file.
Back it up, search for the block beginning with:
Code:
config.Nims
Then after reflashing, put E2 to sleep and copy and paste those lines back in.

I wouldn't think it would take long to set-up 3 sats though?
 
Not yet, you will know when we release images based on the new core as we will announce them first and there will be a name change again to prevent users from using settings backups to prevent user error.
 
I wouldn't restore the full settings file.
Back it up, search for the block beginning with:
Code:
config.Nims
Then after reflashing, put E2 to sleep and copy and paste those lines back in.

I wouldn't think it would take long to set-up 3 sats though?

Where is config.Nims?
 
Where is config.Nims?

Look for the settings file located in /etc/enigma2/ (place enigma into sleep mode first using a telnet session and the init 4 command).

Then open the settings file with something like notepad++ and search for the block of text beginning with config.nims thats the part that contains your motor settings.

Setup your new image and again place enigma into sleep mode then open the settings file on the new image and paste the config.nims data back in.

The reason he recommended you don't copy the entire file as it could contain settings that may have a negative affect on your image, especially where a major update has taken place in the image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top