Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Update From 2.3 to 2.4 Questions(s) ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadowman007
  • Start date Start date
S

shadowman007

Guest
Am currently running the previous image Vix 2.3 I wanted to no if I update to the new image 2.4 will I have to flash the bootloader file again?
I flashed the bootloader for Vix 2.3 do I have to do it for the 2.4 as well? or can I just update the image to 2.4? Also is it possible to update via Lan or do I have to do it by USB?
 
the bootloader is a one time thing so if you already have flashed the latest v 3.0 bootloader you dont need to do it again.
 
the bootloader is a one time thing so if you already have flashed the latest v 3.0 bootloader you dont need to do it again.

Hi thanks for that I don't no if I flashed it with v 3.0 bootloader but it was the bootloader that came with the Vix 2.3 image at the time. By the way how can you tell what version is the bootloader? The link is below where I downloaded the 2.3 image & bootloader from.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14236-Vu-Duo-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Image-Release-s
 
If you were running the latest version of VIX 2.3 (linked in your post), you also had the latest bootloader installed.
2.4 should work fine for you without messing with bootloader installs.
 
If you are unsure reflash the bootloader anyway, it wont do any harm
 
Which are the other ways of flashing?

you can flash a image via the serial cable using the Vu utilities program but that needs a image in a .nfi format, ViX do not release images in this format. you can also update via online updates but that only works when updating from a existing ViX 2.4 image to a newer build ViX 2.4 image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top