Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Update to Hades, WiFi dongle drivers without ethernet connection

  • Thread starter Thread starter win33
  • Start date Start date
W

win33

Guest
Hi guys, I would like to update to Hades, but I'm worried that I won't be able to access WiFi drivers from plugin feed afterwards.
My Vu Duo's Ethernet socket died quite a while ago and I can only get internet through a wireless TPLink dongle.
Is there anyway I can install drivers for the dongle without having access to the plugin feed? Maybe by USB etc.
Thanks
 
Are the drivers currently available from the feeds?

If so, you can telnet in and use something like:
Code:
cd /tmp
opkg download enigma2-plugin-drivers-{name of plugin}
Replace {name of plugin} with actual name of plugin (minus any version numbers) so to download the plugin, "network-usb-rt3070 (1.0-r3)" within "drivers" section the opkg command would be:
Code:
cd /tmp
opkg download enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rt3070
This would then download the actual plugin to your tmp folder where you can ftp that to your hdd/usb or laptop/pc.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top