Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Updated image, update icon still showing

deltec

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
838
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Age
61
how many times has the image been up dated this week any one no
 
the green light come on all the time what is this for
 
Is the green light for updates is that right. U can use a ssd or usb for up dates to be kept on is that right or u can use a hard drive thanks
 
Issue the following commands using Terminal/Putty/DCC and it will tell you what the packages are
opkg update
opkg list-upgradable
 
... or it's in the menu Information/About - press yellow to check for updates and then look at the menu and see the list of Update Packages.

@deltec - you should be well used to applying updates after all these years ;)
 
On my H7 the green light is for H7 updates not openvix.
 
Maybe a package didn't update. Or if there has been a Vix picon release. Hopefully he will run the commands and we will find out for definite.
 
I think the correct description of the issue is:
I have performed a software update and the indicator for updates is still showing.

This is most probably a package that didn't update. Only way of finding out is issuing the commands:
opkg update
opkg list-upgradable

This will show which packages are pending.

Alternatively, reflash latest image and restore settings and plugins.
 
@deltec - one of my receivers is on the Release version 6.7.019. I used the menu Information/About and pressed the YELLOW button to check for updates (see post #7 above). I could see that two changed packages were available to download. In the list of packages (also on the menu) I could see that there were two locale files, one for es (Spain) and another for a different language. These would not be urgent updates, so I will ignore them until a more complete update is ready. Usually when just one or two packages are available for update, they are picon files or similar as per @abu's post #10.
 
I looked at the packages in the latest release (which was quite soon after the last one) but it was only picon updates.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top