Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Updated to Apollo 025, Channels Hopping all over the place

  • Thread starter Thread starter thisntaht
  • Start date Start date
Yes it will work on any box running VIX and ABM
 
Thank you just installed it on my Duo2 restarted Enigma and all seems well :D :thumbsup:
 
So does this file fix the channel hopping in 025?
Thanks.
 
Oddly enough, doesn't seem to work on my GBQuad! Or rather, things are now different but not fixed.

Selecting a channel in the EPG zaps to the PRECEDING channel - for example selecting Channel Five zaps to Channel 4. Selecting BBC Four in the EPG will zap to BBC Three (the channel preceding BBC Four) etc etc.

Tried a re-scan in ABM, restarted Enigma and finally restarted the box itself from Menu > Restart with no change. Haven't done a complete cold reboot (rocker switch on rear) but that's next.

I'm using ZoomZoomLuke's custom XML provider for ABM (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39704-ZoomZoomLuke-s-Custom-28-2-xml-file) - relevant?

Cheers,

Steve

UPDATE: OK so that fixed it. A COLD restart via the rear panel on/off rocker and now channels zap OK. This is the second time I've been caught by this sort of thing - what does Menu > Restart actually do that's different from an on/off switch restart?
 
Last edited:
UPDATE: OK so that fixed it. A COLD restart via the rear panel on/off rocker and now channels zap OK. This is the second time I've been caught by this sort of thing - what does Menu > Restart actually do that's different from an on/off switch restart?

Thats just a Enigma or GUI (Graphical user Interface) restart, you want a full power down and restart not a GUI restart. There should be a option in the menu for this although I am not near a receiver at the moment to check.
 
Please use this writer. Extract and place in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/

Tried this Abu, unfortunately it hasn't fixed things in fact I think it's got worse. Before I just had the up channel issue on the remote but now when I press the channel via typing number it goes to a completely different channel.
 
The fix seems to have worked on both my LX3 and Duo2 I am recording 2 things now on my Duo2 and every thing seems fine the EPG is spot on and no jumping about like it was before and I have not had the spinning vix sign on my LX3 either :thumbsup:
 
Thats just a Enigma or GUI (Graphical user Interface) restart, you want a full power down and restart not a GUI restart. There should be a option in the menu for this although I am not near a receiver at the moment to check.

I always assumed that was the difference between "Restart" and "Restart Enigma"?
 
Glad to hear not just me!

Been trying to figure out what I did wrong after updated last night.

Problems using channel up button when in all channels bouquet, typing channel number directly doesn't go to correct channel, and panic button doesn't go channel, instead goes to entertainment place holder.

Mrs is gona screw when gets home tonight lol, oh well will have to look at it after work now.
 
Sorted, just did update on box followed by running auto bouquets again and enigma restart.

Many thanks!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top