Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Updating Vu box to the latest image after problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Logicearl
  • Start date Start date
L

Logicearl

Guest
Up until a few days ago, everything was running as it had for the last 12 months or more without any issues.

But now even after updating the channel lists, some of the channels (mainly Sky Sport) are now not showing, and don't know why.

So it looks like the box will need an updated image, something I've probably put off for far too long.

At the moment I have the Vix 3.0 build 808 image, and want to update it to the newest Vix image.
Will it be best to start from scratch, that is wipe the Hdd and USB thats attached to the box?

TIA
 
You will need to fresh flash with no restores for the latest build, which is Apollo 166.
Sky has changed many channels lately (to different transponders) this is why them channels are not viewable.
 
There is no need to wipe the internal HDD but you will have to USB flash the receiver.
 
Ok, on the hdd there are some image backups and backups from backup manager along with some crossegp files. I take it I'll need to remove all those before updating?
On the sub stick are just picons, which I'll keep.
 
Ok, on the hdd there are some image backups and backups from backup manager along with some crossegp files. I take it I'll need to remove all those before updating?
On the sub stick are just picons, which I'll keep.

Flashing to openvix Apollo 166 you will need a complete fresh set up..no backups and no restore start from scratch this way you will avoid many problems.
 
Ok, on the hdd there are some image backups and backups from backup manager along with some crossegp files. I take it I'll need to remove all those before updating?
On the sub stick are just picons, which I'll keep.

No not really, just keep them for a while as backup. They won't affect any thing on the new image.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top