Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Upgrading from VU+ Duo2

rowladar

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hi,
I've had a Vu+ Duo2 for 5 or 6 years and it still works perfectly but I am looking at possibly upgrading to something newer.
I still have my original Sky+ HD satellite dish feeding the box for free to air channels. I believe my Duo2 has DVB-S tuners but I see that the newer boxes have DVB-S/S2/S2X FBC Tuners.

My questions are:
  • Is my satellite dish/LNB compatible with these newer tuners or would I need to replace the dish and/or the LNB (as I seem to recall that the newer Sky Q boxes etc. had a newer dish and/or LNB type)?
  • Do the newer tuners use the same cables as my existing set-up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Daran
 
Yes you can use existing cables.

Yes you can use universal/LNB with FBC tuners. But with FBC, you get full benefit of tuner when coupled with Unicable. It is not necessary.
 
Yes you can use existing cables.

Yes you can use universal/LNB with FBC tuners. But with FBC, you get full benefit of tuner when coupled with Unicable. It is not necessary.

Thanks Abu - I'm not familiar with the latest stuff I'm afraid. I'm not sure what FBC is or what unicable is... can you explain and then explain what you mean by getting the full benefits?
 
With Unicable all 8 tuners will definatly be able to tune into any channel, with loop through you have 2 tuners so depending on which channels those tuners are on will depend on what the other 6 can tune into.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top