Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] USB dvb-t stick (IT9135 chipset) sound problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter lacen
  • Start date Start date
L

lacen

Guest
Hello everybody,

After I have installed drivers, my usb dvb-t stick is recognized properly. There are no problems with scanning, zapping, and the picture is perfect. There's only some sound issue, the sound is distorted, although understandable.
I tested the stick with latest Blackhole and openVTi images and the sound was OK, but the other images don't met me needs and as a great VIX fan I want to use openVIX images.

Cheers,
lacen
 
All I can say is that Vix users have been having problems with usb tuners and the last driver update from VU+, do you know what driver version was in the other images you used?
 
I didn't check driver versions, because of some instability probably cuased by CI+ module. But I can say that names and sizes of .fw files are exactly the same.
 
I tried Blackhole 2.17 once again - very good sound. Then I copied three drivers from BH and put them into VIX. The sound is still distorted. There must be something else then drivers. Maybe configuration? But I guess, I have checked all audio settings.
 
And the last test: Miraclebox Premium Mini, the same image 3.2.003, the same usb-dvb and no problems with sound.
Any ideas?
 
Today I tested a few images on my solo2 and solo se ver.2 - and audio distored have in all of them.
Only OpenBlackHole audio is perfect but I can not disabled the second info bar - any ideas?
 
No there is no blackhole support here, maybe go to their forum?
 
And now the last test. I decided to install Apollo and... my dvb-t usb sounds great. So, what's the matter with v. 3.2?
 
I think, I have fixed it.
Here's what I did:
1. Having Apollo 166 on board, I backed up drivers with VuCC v.0.8.
2. Then I installed the newest image i.e. v. 3.2.004 and restored drivers with VuCC.
3. I installed it913x driver from feeds (menu/plugins/green botton/drivers)
4. After I had restarted the box, the sound was nice and clear.
I can't say if it could influence stability of the box, this morning I couldn't wake it up from deep standby mode (set yesterday with Power timer):confused:
 
I think, I have fixed it.
Here's what I did:
1. Having Apollo 166 on board, I backed up drivers with VuCC v.0.8.
2. Then I installed the newest image i.e. v. 3.2.004 and restored drivers with VuCC.
3. I installed it913x driver from feeds (menu/plugins/green botton/drivers)
4. After I had restarted the box, the sound was nice and clear.
I can't say if it could influence stability of the box, this morning I couldn't wake it up from deep standby mode (set yesterday with Power timer):confused:

Yes I have had the same experience on Duo2 with my AverTV Volar Green HD (IT9135). I tried your solution and it seems fine though I don't use deep standby.
I also use an Avermedia TwinStar (dual AF9035) and Hauppauge NovaTD (dual DIB0700) and both these USB tuners have no problems with the lastest vuplus dvb drivers.
I imagine there is a weakness in the IT9135 device drivers for Linux...

I'm not sure whether the Duo would work or not as mine is currently in need of the 'red light' repair. My IT9135 was incredibly cheap, so I can afford to dump it back to a Windows only use unless someone can fix it. Because it is limited to this chipset, I doubt whether VU will be interested.:(
 
Last edited:
I have the same problem with Solo2 and Sundtek USB tuner (with 3.2.005). Rolling back the drivers as described by lacen to the drivers included in Hades 004 fixes the problem.
 
I'm glad, I could help. But honestly, I did it by chance, after a week of probes, with some amount of deduction (you'd be proud of me Mr. Holmes). Would be great to see the solution built into future images with no fear, that openVIX 3.2 is the last image I can use.
 
These problems seem to be fixed with driver update 1st December 2015 (OpenVix Release 3.2.027).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top