Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] USB HDD spins up when changing channels causing a delay

dave_uk

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

I have a VU Solo with a Seagate 1TB Desktop USB drive attached. After the drive has spun-down (light still active though, this stays unless powered off/deep standby) I go to change a channel and the VIX logo appears until the drive has spun-up which causes a few second delay which is more annoying than a huge issue. As far as I can see I have everything pointing to the front USB stick,, such as swap and EPG.
Any other suggestions welcome. Or is this just standard behavior?

Cheers
Dave
 
Mine is the same on a technomate 2T. People will tell you it's cuz you've got picons stored on it but I know this is not the case. I think it's timeshift, although I don't use that either.
You can of course change the HDD behaviour in the menu to not shutdown after 5 minutes and it stays active.
 
yea,, i also wonder if it could be the swap rescanning ... ? Do u use that ?
I am tempted to try deleting picons,, have you did that ?

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top