Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] USB Memory Stick

avi68

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi Everyone,

I have a vu plus duo with a 1tb built in hdd, I just recently ordered an 8gb usb stick.

What I plan to use the usb stick is for: epg, picons, swap file, image backups and setting backups.

The hdd will be used only for PTS and recordings.

First of all can I backup my image and settings onto a usb?

Also I wanted to know if I leave the usb plugged in all the time, and I reboot the box (via rocker switch at the back) will it flash my backup on the usb?

And my last question is where should I put the usb, in the front or at the back of the box?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid, I just want to know before I make changes.

Thanks in advance!

Avi.
 
You're better off using the usb for pts and picons and back ups, put the rest on hdd,..... imho!!

Put usb in back, no problems turning off and on, it will not flash.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
You're better off using the usb for pts and picons and back ups, put the rest on hdd,..... imho!!

Put usb in back, no problems turning off and on, it will not flash.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply mate!:thumbsup:

One question however, does PTS use a lot of memory? On a 8 gb stick how long will the PTS last?
 
I use the same size stick, timescale I'm not fully sure on with hd tv, just know it has worked fine for me, and never ran out of men on stick.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
I use the same size stick, timescale I'm not fully sure on with hd tv, just know it has worked fine for me, and never ran out of men on stick.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks mate :)

I've got a question which is completely different to my op, it's regarding software updates, say if I'm on build 16, and I miss updating to build 17 but instead update to build 18, will I miss out on the changes from build 17? Sorry to sound confusing.

I know I should create a new post but don't want the hassle just for a small question.

Thanks again
 
No you miss out on nothing, it has to update everything. ....my only advice is every so often, maybe every couple of month or so do a full flash instead of online update.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
as @mikeyblueys says updates are accumulative, but dont make a habit of leaving too long a gap between updates as that can cause issues when updating due to the many changes between builds.
 
No you miss out on nothing, it has to update everything. ....my only advice is every so often, maybe every couple of month or so do a full flash instead of online update.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

as @mikeyblueys says updates are accumulative, but dont make a habit of leaving too long a gap between updates as that can cause issues when updating due to the many changes between builds.

Thanks for answering my questions guys, much appreciated! :):thumbsup:
 
and the little green icon should tell you of a stable update to do.
 
Hey guys, my usb came in today.

What I did was plug it into the back of the duo, initialised it from the box and I'm just setting things up.

I decided to move the epg data to the usb from the hdd. I went to the epg menu and selected usb instead of hdd. My question is will the epg data from the hdd get moved across to the usb automatically and will the epg data from the hdd be deleted?

Thanks!
 
There is no benefit to moving the EPG from a internal HDD to a USB stick.
 
There is no benefit to moving the EPG from a internal HDD to a USB stick.

Fair enough, but will there be any consequences?

Also which is quicker to retrieve data a usb or an hdd?
 
Fair enough, but will there be any consequences?

No not really.

Also which is quicker to retrieve data a usb or an hdd?

None as EPG data is held in live memory, it is only read from or saved to the hdd / usb when enigma2 is shutdown or booted up


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
No not really.



None as EPG data is held in live memory, it is only read from or saved to the hdd / usb when enigma2 is shutdown or booted up


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your help mate:thumbsup:
 
I've got my image and settings backup stored onto the hdd, how can I move them across to the usb? Use ftp? If so what are the folders called?:confused:

Thanks
 
In the hdd there is a folder called crossepg, what is that for?
And when I try to move that folder it won't let me? The epg.dat file is in both the hdd and usb, so can I now delete that file from the hdd?
 
There is no benefit to moving the EPG from a internal HDD to a USB stick.

i have my EPG and CrossEPG set to save every night/morning at 3-30am and 4-00am on to a 4gig USB stick that i leave in the back of my Solo2 as i thought that a USB was the Recommended best place to save it
so is it a wast of a memory stick and i should now save them to the Hard Drive :confused:
 
If your happy with it on the USB stick fine but there is no benefit over using a HDD.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
OK pheonix thanks for the fast reply not really bothered as long as it works, i will leave the USB in the back :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top