Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] USB re-flashing from HDD saved image does not work

  • Thread starter Thread starter iQi
  • Start date Start date
I

iQi

Guest
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here:

I had Vix 2.3 latest on my Vu+ Uno and used the Image Manager to create a few backup images with my customizations and settings and all.

Then I wanted to experiment with Black Hole to see if it works better for me. Apparently BH is not my cup of tea, so I wanted to revert to the latest saved image. I copied the vuplus directory on my formatted usb stick, but the device would not recognise it during boot up (it was doing that all the time before).

Then I noticed that the HDD-saved backups contain 3 files each, while all images I downloaded from the net before for flashing purposes had a fourth small file starting with "boot_____etc". I tried copying this boot file on the usb, but still no luck.

So please guide me on how to use the HDD-saved VIX image backup to flash off the current BH!
 
did you extract the file from the backup location?
 
I copied the files from the directory I created to store the backups on HDD. I had a total of 3 backups, and chose the latest, then took out the vuplus directory out of it and copied it to usb
 
ok, solved!
I reformatted the USB and recopied the image onto it. it worked.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top