Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

USB stick for timeshift only

  • Thread starter Thread starter bartjunited
  • Start date Start date
B

bartjunited

Guest
I use an external HDD for recording and everything else.

I've read that it's best practice not to use the same HDD for permanent timeshift.

Therefore I'm looking at using a USB pen drive for this. What is the recommended size to use for this.

Additionally should I put anything else on here.

Cheers Bart
 
The usb pen should have 8gb or more, to keep a hd movie.

The basic problem with usb pen's is the write speed and the simultaneous access (read and write) at the same time.

I've tested 3 quick usb pen's: all of them are to slow. you see stutter and hang depending on the write speed of the pen.

So it is better to use the hdd.

If you really want to use a usb pen, i can only recommend the upd-316 (16GB usb3 with a constant high write rate of 9mb/s at usb2 on ext2).
I use this stick for normal timeshift and i'm happy. No spinuptime from the hdd, no stutter, you can scan forward and backward without problems....

(Only the timeshift window will not dissapear at my box)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top