O
osmononame
Guest
This is not an issue as such but probably better asked in this section as I am running ViX.
I currently have a 2TB drive installed in my box and I share this to other boxes around the house. I have set the other boxes up to use the network mount to the Duo as a HDD replacement and it works well so I can record and playback onto the 2tb drive in the Duo from any box in the house.
There can be an issue, however, if someone switches off the Duo with the hdd in it (or if I'm tinkering with different images which does happen a lot) and then the other boxes can't record or playback - not a big deal but not ideal either. I am in the process of building a FreeNAS box and thought I could make a share on that and direct all the E2 boxes in my house to that share and so I wouldn't have this issue (and save on purchasing one 2tb hdd for the FreeNAS server as I would nick it from the Duo).
Has anyone tried this? I don't see the ViX images having a problem with this set up but thought I'd get a thumbs up before I go removing the hdd from my Duo.
I currently have a 2TB drive installed in my box and I share this to other boxes around the house. I have set the other boxes up to use the network mount to the Duo as a HDD replacement and it works well so I can record and playback onto the 2tb drive in the Duo from any box in the house.
There can be an issue, however, if someone switches off the Duo with the hdd in it (or if I'm tinkering with different images which does happen a lot) and then the other boxes can't record or playback - not a big deal but not ideal either. I am in the process of building a FreeNAS box and thought I could make a share on that and direct all the E2 boxes in my house to that share and so I wouldn't have this issue (and save on purchasing one 2tb hdd for the FreeNAS server as I would nick it from the Duo).
Has anyone tried this? I don't see the ViX images having a problem with this set up but thought I'd get a thumbs up before I go removing the hdd from my Duo.