Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Very anoyed with this anoying issue

chrisnasah

New member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have the latest vix and all is well except for this annoying issue i keep having now every 2 days.

So my box connected to my server via mount point to do recording etc. All works smoothly until for some reason the box will crash with crash logs etc (no HD).

This will happen in a cycle and it will not let me come out of it, it will keep rebooting with the crash all the time. I noticed it is crashing because it is not able to connect my server share for recording.

This happens when the box crashes and it is running a timer to do recording. Only way to solve is take usb out, network cable out, get into box and remove timer and patch everything back and do another reboot.

Becomes annoying if am having to do this every 2 days now :confused:
 
Does this happen at the start of a timer recording or at any stage during the recording.
The reason I ask is I have a solo with no HDD only USB for picons and EPG and it records and plays back to the HDD in my DUO.
When I was testing the latest DUO VIX image the crashes and freezes on my DUO was also leading to green screens in my solo all the time.
Since I switched back to previous version if VIX the DUO is rock solid and low and behould the solo hasnt had any issues since.
If the mount you are recording to gets lost from the duo for what ever reason you will green screen. Do you have sleep /hibernate or automatic updates on with auto reboot.
Not sure if a server is ideal to record to in that fashion.
My duo is on full 24-7 to ensure that its always there for the other box to record to and it doesnt loose connection.
Thats my 2 pence worth.. Hope it helps.
 
NAS drives or other networked storage are more than fine for playing archived recordings but it is not really fit for recording to. As sic advised you would've best using a Internal HDD.
 
Although the safest way is indeed an internal HDD, I must say that recording to NAS/other boxes works fine for me. Of course the lan-connection must be 100% (and e.g. via WiFi/homeplugs this will seldom be the case).
 
Pheonix I use my Duos HDD to record 2-3 programs a day on my solo and not once in 4 months has there been an issue. In all honestly it makes the setup 100% perfect.

I agree on using NAS or server to store.. Too many other things going on in them. A key thing is no deep standby on the host..

NAS drives or other networked storage are more than fine for playing archived recordings but it is not really fit for recording to. As sic advised you would've best using a Internal HDD.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top