Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Virtual channel-number in bouquet

Peterj

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Veendam
I am using my first enigma2 receiver (duo2) for a while now with Open Vix on it and I am very happy. It is a great combination.
However, there is 1 big issue.
I am a cable viewer and cable viewers are using providers virtual channel numbers. At this point I am very disappointed in the enigma2 receivers.
(Technisat changed there firmware this year after remarks of a small provider in the north of Holland at this point).
It took me a while to figure out how to fix this.
The Bouquet makers do not work, when you have only dvb-c tuners.
Using dreamboxEDIT I noticed a field channel number. That didn't work, because the bouquet is using it own numbering.
In many fora they are talking about dummy channels in the bouquets. So I toke a not used channel (eg an update channel for STB) and copied it many time in the bouquet at the right places.
(Set dreamboxEdit allowed duplicate channels).
Now the problem of hiding that channel. In dreamboxEDIT there is also a parameter hide. That was not working either.
Somewhere I found the plugin Bouquet Protection.
Code:
https://sites.google.com/site/allaboutdreambox/plugins/bouquets-protection
.
With this plug-in you can make a channel hidden. So I made that special channel hidden, et voila, a bouquet like a 'normal' cable channellist.
After making that channel hidden, you can de-install that plugin. That channel stays hidden.
(the strange thing is, bouquets protection uses the same parameter as dreamboxEdit, only slightly different).
If someone wants, I can provide an example bouquet file en screen-dump's of the result.

It would be nice if:
- Bouquets can be made using that field channel-number instead of it's own auto-numbering.
- That field channel-number is filled when searching for channels.
Code:
http://www.interactivetvweb.org/tutorials/dtv_intro/atsc_psip/vct
 
Last edited:
is it possible to show the virtual channelnumber in the provider list like picture (dm500)
and sort it by channelnumber, name, something like:
Code:
ref.path+="ORDER BY channel, name";

This way it will sort on name, when all virtualchannels are 0 (default) and on channelnumber when it is filled.
I figured out when there are no bouquets, you can choose channels with the virtual channel number.
 

Attachments

  • dream_provider_screen.webp
    dream_provider_screen.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 58
I added the plugin Bouquet Protection to the feeds. Will be available in build 807 or the first build thereafter.
 
I wrote some VB (MSAccess, the only language I can handle a little bit) code to extract LCN from a DVB stream file and create bouquets ordered like LCN.
It works for both DVB-T and DVB-C.
I hope it inspires a real coder to make something like this for the Enigma2 STB's.
 

Attachments

I made my own hidden 'dummy' channel in lamedb.
Put it at the end of the service list. (last 3 lines)
Code:
0af2:ffff0000:001c:25a8:25:0
RTL5 HD
p:SKV
0000:ffff0000:0001:25a8:1:0
EMPTY
p:SKV,f:2
end
The 0000 = service id (not exist)
ffff0000 = DVB-c
0001 = stream-id (must exist)
25a8 = network-id
f:2 = make it hidden.

Pictures are before I made it hidden en after. (Provider list and bouquet list)
 

Attachments

  • Bouquet.webp
    Bouquet.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Bouquet_hidden.webp
    Bouquet_hidden.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 25
  • provider.webp
    provider.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
  • provider_hidden.webp
    provider_hidden.webp
    56 KB · Views: 23
Nice project to learn some Python.
I rewrote LCN reader in Python, with some improvements. (speed, read blocks instead of bytes...)
It reads the networkid from lamedb, extracts LCN from streamfile and update lamedb with LCN.
Can someone help me with next:
howto
- read tuner specs, like dvb-c or dvb-t, tuner A or B ..., configuration.
- open raw stream from specific tuner for X seconds and store it in temp.
 

Attachments

Not sure if this helps, but Lraizer has created a script to create bouquets for cable in the UK. Perhaps the coding/approach may assist you.

I'll upload later if you cannot find it.
 
Last edited:
Nice project to learn some Python.
I rewrote LCN reader in Python, with some improvements. (speed, read blocks instead of bytes...)
It reads the networkid from lamedb, extracts LCN from streamfile and update lamedb with LCN.
Can someone help me with next:
howto
- read tuner specs, like dvb-c or dvb-t, tuner A or B ..., configuration.
- open raw stream from specific tuner for X seconds and store it in temp.


ABM already has LCN scan support.

Code:
<provider>
    <name>TVSat</name>
    <protocol>lcn</protocol>
    <!-- namespace could change even on the same sat...
         in case of use the service hacks to fix it -->
    <namespace>820000</namespace>
    <transponder frequency="10992160" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1"
        fec_inner="2" orbital_position="130" inversion="2" system="0"
        modulation="1" roll_off="0" pilot="2" />
    <sections>
        <section number="1">TVSat</section>
    </sections>
    <servicehacks>
<=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[
if service["number"] > 999 or service["number"] < 1:
    skip = True
]=]=>
    </servicehacks>
</provider>


it is just a matter of finding the transponder to scan, and allowing ABM to scan DVB-T as well as DVB-S.
 
I will try it again. The first time I tried it, it didn't work for DVB-C. I was also told ABM is not made for this purpose.
 
I will try it again. The first time I tried it, it didn't work for DVB-C. I was also told ABM is not made for this purpose.

ABM is indeed hardcoded for DVB-S, i would need remote access to a box that can scan DVB-C, so could debug, but first ABM would need a new provider file, with the transponder info of which to scan.
 
I will arrange for you access to my second box en PM you the info.
Where can I find the format of the file you need?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top