Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vix 2.1 - hd picture not as sharp

supathug

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Age
2025
Hi all,

Put a new 2tb drive in the duo yesterday and thought I might as well update to 2.1 from 1.3 which I was using previously. I have noticed that even with auto resolution plugin and video enhancement plugins installed the hd picture is not as 'crisp' on my sammy le40m86bd almost as if the resolution isn't as good. Anyone else notice this too? If not, is there a general guide to the best settings to use for these 2 plugins?

Any help would be much appreciated!
 
I've recently just upgraded fron VIX 1.3 to 2.1 and have also thought that the picture quality was not as good as in ver 1.3 ..Just dosn't seem as clear. Maybe the next version will bring a crisper picture ...:)
 
Not sure what other versions are like as ive only ever use 2.1 on my Vu, but it certainly seems fine to me, easily as sharp as the old SkyHD box and the DM800 I also have, I cant tell any difference.
 
@punisher, could you please post your video enhancement and auto resolution settings values so me and others can hopefully replicate what you have?

@righthammer, glad someone else has noticed. Perhaps the change in base drivers has contributed to this as I believe we have Gone from original drivers to pli. That being said, the image itself is stunning in terms of features and I have to say the guys have done an amazing job with it again!
 
Last edited:
the hd picture quality on my 32" LCD hitachi and 50" plasma LG using the latest VIX image are far better better than my sky HD box produces and i have never bothered with video enhancements or auto resolution settings. personally i find when you go fiddling with settings such as these you actually end up creating the problems for your self
 
Last edited:
the hd picture quality on my 32" LCD hitachi and 52" plasma LG using the latest VIX image are far better better than my sky HD box produces and i have never bothered with video enhancements or auto resolution settings. personally i find when you go fiddling with settings such as these you actually end up creating the problems for your self

I agree with pheonix the picture quality is far better than the sky HD box I would also add I saw an improvement in the SD quality from earlier VIX versions (this is on my panosonic 50" plasma) Great image thanks to all involved cant wait for the next version
 
I havent changed any settings or added any plugins to enhance my video. Everything is set default to what vix has. I havent even changed the brightness or contrast that was asked on the setup of vix after install lol
 
Well I am using a hdmi lead..lol..have def noticed the graphics on some hd channels are not as clear..for example was watching the derby highlights last night on bbc 1 hd and the graphics were not very sharp..could be that the source picture wasnt true hd or something but the graphics were def blurred.. I never noticed any of these issues with 1.3 and believe that the picture quality was a touch better.I am using the default settings on the image also.
 
does the epg on vuo duo show which channel are being broadcasted in hd 1080 like the sky box does that ,by turning the colour oragne for the programmes which are in hd ,,
might check weather the above channel was in hd ,,can you comment on the overall pq on sd and hd with this image
thanks
 
might be the quality of the hdi lead to be considered
 
might be the quality of the hdi lead to be considered

Wouldnt be the HDMI cable. HDMI cant make the picture sharper, or better or worse. Its a digital signal which is the same over any working cable. If youre getting an unbroken picture then your HDMI cable is fine. It either works or it doesnt.
 
I would ask u to compare a recording of something, so it's the exact same source that is being compared...

Sent with Tapatalk
 
I thought it was just me! I tried ViX 2.1 when it was first released, thought that the picture quality had taken a turn for the worse (not that it was bad, just noticeably not as good) and went back to 1.2 within the hour. However, I'll give it another shot and try some existing recordings to see if I still get the same impression.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top