Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vix 2.1 Timer Issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter plusser
  • Start date Start date
P

plusser

Guest
Hi.
Currently using official image, as Vix 2 has the timer bug (wouldn't switch channels).

Anyone tell me if this has beed addressed in 2.1 before I "upgrade"?

Regards,
+er
 
Has anyone else seen this or is it something I have setup wrong.

D


Hi.
Currently using official image, as Vix 2 has the timer bug (wouldn't switch channels).

Anyone tell me if this has beed addressed in 2.1 before I "upgrade"?

Regards,
+er
 
I didn't have any problem with Vix 2.03 and my timers continue to work reliably with Vix 2.1:thumbsup:
 
Sorry guys I replied to the wrong post.

The time Issue I have is in another thread. Its where the done recordings are at the top of the recordings list rather than at the bottom.

My Bad.

Has anyone else seen this or is it something I have setup wrong.

D
 
I've now installed Vix 2.1 and so far, so good. I ran a few test timers and the channel switched OK. I will continue to monitor and report back.
 
I spoke too soon. Tonight my timer did not start. I was watching something on 28.2 and my timer (starts at 23.10 on Hotbird, 13)) did not kick in.
As soon as I restarted the GUI, recording started immediately.
So, I conclude the timer bug still exists (never had this problem with official image).

I checked setup > system > record > and have "recordings always take priority" to "yes".
However, it seems that this setting is (sometimes) being over-ridden to stay on the current channel.

Would be nice if a Vix team memeber could comment on this.
Meanwhile, I gotta go back to offical image (and unfortuantely the Media Player on that works like s**t!).

Thanks,
+er
 
I spoke too soon. Tonight my timer did not start. I was watching something on 28.2 and my timer (starts at 23.10 on Hotbird, 13)) did not kick in.
As soon as I restarted the GUI, recording started immediately.
So, I conclude the timer bug still exists (never had this problem with official image).

I checked setup > system > record > and have "recordings always take priority" to "yes".
However, it seems that this setting is (sometimes) being over-ridden to stay on the current channel.

Would be nice if a Vix team memeber could comment on this.
Meanwhile, I gotta go back to offical image (and unfortuantely the Media Player on that works like s**t!).

Thanks,
+er

i don't have or herd of any timer issues, strange anyone else getting these problems ?
 
Not sure if this is the same problem but I set timers for the Formula 1 Qualifying yesterday, and the race this morning, both of which failed.

The receiver was on standby and when I came downstairs, the box appeared frozen both times, showing "Vu+ Duo" on the display.

After a restart, there were about 6 recorded files for each event and they were all very short (< 2 minutes)
 
To test over the last few days i must have recording 15 different programmes and movies on different channels of which all recorded fine no blips or errors or crashes
 
i'm now experiencing a similar problem to this now,all my overnight timers are present in the movie list,but are all only a split second long when played.am just about to update image so hopefully will be fixed then.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top