Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] VIX 2.4 OpenVPN Newbie Setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianFWombat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianFWombat

Guest
Hi

Just trying to get OpenVPN working for the first time..

Sun Jun 17 20:37:59 2012 Note: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)
Sun Jun 17 20:37:59 2012 Note: Attempting fallback to kernel 2.2 TUN/TAP interface

I assume this means I don't have a tun

but

modprobe -a tun

root@et9x00:/etc/openvpn# modprobe -a tun
WARNING: Module tun not found.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
BfW
 
BTW... this was flashed from... ViX-2.4.101-et9x00_usb.zip

root@et9x00:/etc/openvpn# ls -l /lib/modules/3.3.0/kernel/drivers/net/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34460 Jun 3 03:08 tun.ko

but

root@et9x00:/lib/modules/3.3.0/kernel/drivers/net# insmod tun.ko
insmod: error inserting 'tun.ko': -1 Invalid module format

?
 
im using openvpn on et9200 with no issues, latest 151 build

are you using box as server or client?

post the relevant config
 
As client...

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote topsecret.com 1234
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca /etc/openvpn/keys/ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/password.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
 
I reflashed with the same version as you mentioned, et9200 b151, and it works now.

root@et9x00:/#
root@et9x00:/# ls -l /lib/modules/3.3.0/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34460 Jun 3 03:08 /lib/modules/3.3.0/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko
root@et9x00:/# modprobe -a tun
root@et9x00:/#
root@et9x00:/#

Thanks for the pointer
BfW
 
How do I get the tun module loaded at restart prior to VIX starting openvpn for me?

TIA
BfW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top