Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] VIX 2.4 v134 not seeing updates

actually I did not try this since the two machines do not have the very same attached device:
one DUO has an internal HDD the second has an external USB hdd.

Besides this. What I might try is flash again to 151 and check if after a fresh flash it sees the online updates. Might this mean that it's not an hardware issue? Could be something related to the external HDD? Or OpenVPN?
 
actually I did not try this since the two machines do not have the very same attached device:
one DUO has an internal HDD the second has an external USB hdd.
That will provide no problem at all. Just check the mounts when the box is alive (and correct if needed).

Also: did you try to connect the not-updating box to the same lan-connection as the good working box?
 
I'll try.
So At this point the first step is to just do an image backup of the non working DUO and put it on the working one and see if there it works. If not we can assume it's a software misfunction.

About internet connection: DUO is connected to a NETGEAR swith together with a Macmini and the Mini has no network issue at all.
 
So At this point the first step is to just do an image backup of the non working DUO and put it on the working one and see if there it works. If not we can assume it's a software misfunction.
I would do it the other way around :D

About internet connection: DUO is connected to a NETGEAR swith together with a Macmini and the Mini has no network issue at all.
That's no guarantee. You can only be sure if you actually connect the non-working DUO to the same cable as the working one.
 
dont forget to do a full image backup of your working image first
 
The scenario: DUO-A (affected) DUO-B (working smoothly)

Ok just did the try, and the DUO-A just behaved as expected and returned wget error even if connected to the DUO-B cable.
I did try to download plugins and it actually browsed for the available software in feed but as soon as i tryed to download the mytube plugin I was returned the wget error.

-----------------------------

At this point I tried to figure out when this DUO-A started to behave in this way. Well I'm almost sure that everything began as soon as I started using OpenVPN.
Yes.
Infact after the first posts in this thread, as I wrote, I had a fresh new flash with build 143.

And then, for few days I used the receiver without installing OpenVPN. I then Installed It, upgraded to 151 onair and then when I checked the available update on the second DUO-B (that HAS NOT OpenVPN installed) I noticed that the first one did not have the green blinking sprite.

-----------------------------

This said, as already wrote I tried to stop OpenVPN and try to download without luck. Few minutes ago by trying to stop OpenVPN from the Network panel I had an enigma2 crash with this lines regarding openvpn:
Code:
action ->  OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
NetworkSetup NetworkAdapterSelection
NetworkSetup NetworkMountsMenu
NetworkSetup NetworkAfp
NetworkSetup NetworkFtp
NetworkSetup NetworkInadyn
NetworkSetup NetworkMiniDLNA
NetworkSetup NetworkNfs
NetworkSetup NetworkOpenvpn
NetworkSetup NetworkSamba
NetworkSetup NetworkTelnet
NetworkSetup NetworkuShare
[EPGC] abort non avail schedule reading
[EPGC] abort non avail schedule other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail netmed schedule reading
[EPGC] abort non avail netmed schedule other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail FreeSat schedule_other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail viasat reading
[EPGC] nownext finished(1341430980)
[EPGC] stop caching events(1341430980)
[EPGC] next update in 60 min
action ->  OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
valign must be either top, center or bottom!
[SKIN] No skin to read...
child has terminated
pipes closed
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 57(16)
action ->  ColorActions yellow
main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
child has terminated
pipes closed
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 57(17)
action ->  ColorActions green
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/NetworkSetup.py", line 2072, in VpnStartStop
AttributeError: 'NetworkOpenvpn' object has no attribute 'updatemy_Vpn'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x243a440>>,('ColorActions', 'green')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)
]]>
		</enigma2crashlog>
	</crashlogs>
</openvix>

now I reflashed to 151. As soon as the DUO-A restarted the green blinking sprite was on.
I'm now trying this attempt first, restored to previous settings (I know this will cause OpenVPN to be installed, but actually disabled). And guess what now after the setting restore the DUO-A is still seeing updates.

At this point I'll let it run for few days in this way and see. If the issue would eventually be back. I'll do a reflash and try not to restore settings.
I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, if the OpenVPN service is causing this how do we check what's happening?
 
Ok mates some more feedback:
Past days I went to my father's home where he has a third DUO tha is the second receiver on the OpenVPN network. This DUO was affected by the very same issue and therefore It was not reporting available online updates (it was on 143 build).
So at this point I can confirm that it'a an OpenVPN related issue.
 
Larest news that supports the Openvpn related issue thoughts:
On Both DUO-A and DUO-C after reflashing and not installing Openvpn all the new updates are signaled and succesfully executed.
 
mates new updates. Still affected the very same DUO.

It is showing the icon for available updates.
If I go with configuration menu and choose software updates it tells me that a background check is in progress.

So I tried telneting. But I'm unable to enter since it tells incorrect password! And I did not change anything.

Code:
Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo

openvix 3.0 vuduo




vuduo login: root
Password: 
Login incorrect

vuduo login: 

*************** SESSION CLOSED **************

Event trying to FTP gave a 530 error for incorrect login.
I've tried rebooting the receiver and the errors still there.
How can we investigate this weird behaviour on this box?
 
Do a update than after the update has completed, FTP in and upload the updatelog in home/logs
 
Do a update than after the update has completed, FTP in and upload the updatelog in home/logs

errr... considering what I've described in the previous post. How am I supposed to update?
 
So I tried telneting. But I'm unable to enter since it tells incorrect password! And I did not change anything.
You didn't flash a 3.0 image and restored settings from a 2.x image?
If not, try changing the pasword using the 'passwd' command.
 
mates new updates. Still affected the very same DUO.

It is showing the icon for available updates.
If I go with configuration menu and choose software updates it tells me that a background check is in progress.

So I tried telneting. But I'm unable to enter since it tells incorrect password! And I did not change anything.

Code:
Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo

openvix 3.0 vuduo




vuduo login: root
Password: 
Login incorrect

vuduo login: 

*************** SESSION CLOSED **************

Event trying to FTP gave a 530 error for incorrect login.
I've tried rebooting the receiver and the errors still there.
How can we investigate this weird behaviour on this box?

You need to re-flash latest OE3.0 build and do not restore any backup settings, looks like to flashed an OE3.0 image and restored settings from 2.4 that are not compatible.
 
You didn't flash a 3.0 image and restored settings from a 2.x image?
If not, try changing the pasword using the 'passwd' command.

Furthermore: if the box keeps telling you that a backgroundcheck is being carried out, there's something wrong with the internet connection of the bxo.
 
Mates I think It's my fault. I may be confusing you since I keep on posting on this thread about issue that I'm affected since 2.4. And that continues to affect me on 3.0 as I pointed in this other thread:
Can-t-update-software-on-ViX-3-0-343
so forgive me.
I'll post everything in that post and summarize again.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top