Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vix 2 cron fix.....

singhl

New member
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Been trying to get my box to do an auto reboot each morning - just to keep it fresh, could not get the cron job to run, when I figured out the cron daemon (crond) was not running so I did the following:

Edit /etc/init.d/rcS

Add command :

/usr/sbin/crond &

At the end.


In /etc/cron/crontabs/root I have this line to reboot at 3.30am

30 3 * * * reboot -d -f –i

All works ok now - you will have to redo this fix if you update the software over the internet - probably.........:)
 
Last edited:
Been trying to get my box to do an auto reboot each morning - just to keep it fresh, could not get the cron job to run, when I figured out the cron daemon (crond) was not ruinning so I did the following:

Edit /etc/init.d/rcS

Add command :

/usr/sbin/crond &

At the end.


In /etc/cron/crontabs/root I have this line to reboot at 3.30am


All works ok now - you will have to redo this fix if you update the software over the internet - probably.........:)

30 3 * * * reboot -d -f –i


hmm it should be i'll take a look.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top