Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2T] VIX 4.1 - Red Button not working? (Newbie issue)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gf_gollum
  • Start date Start date
G

gf_gollum

Guest
Using the HELP option on my TechnoMate 2TM Nano - and the Red Button help menu option - it directed me to using a LONG press of the Red button in order to get BBC red button channels. A long press of the Red button did precisely nothing? Help wrong? or something else need setting up? (and in urgent need to watch the snooker :-)
Thx
 
You cannot press the red button like on an official receiver. If you ahve used AutoBouquetsMaker to create your bouquets, you can select the channels from the bouquet.
 
So the help file is wrong then. :-( Pity - because it would have made sense. I've not got my head around these "bouquet" things yet I just use a list of manually created favorites for channels. What I need to do then is find which channel BBC red button is then? and then can I assign it to "long press red button" - or would I just have to access it via favorites?
 
Which help file are you referring to?

Scan 10773 Horizontal 22000 5/6, you will find it there.

Bouquets are favourites.
 
If you have set up ABM correctly - press the down arrow to bring up the bouquets - scroll to BBC red button folder and there you will find the snooker.
 
Hi Gollum

In your main channel list just look for the channels called "BBC RB 1" and 2 and 3. Select them as you would any other channel.
 
Hi Gollum
In your main channel list just look for the channels called "BBC RB 1" and 2 and 3. Select them as you would any other channel.

went to Satellites - All - scrolled through the list of all the channels and BBC RB 1 2 3 were not listed?

In terms of "Scan 10773 Horizontal 22000 5/6, " I've no idea what that means. The channel list was created when I just left the auto wizard setup channels. I've no idea what these numbers mean.

Clearly getting OpenVIX wasn't a good idea for an ex Humax FreeSat user. I want to watch the telly - not take a Python programming course :-(

Is there a simpler - more user friendly image I should be using? (or perhaps that isn't the best of questions for an OpenVix support forum :-)
 
Why are you trying to make things hard for your self?
Read a ViX manual, run ABM.
 
went to Satellites - All - scrolled through the list of all the channels and BBC RB 1 2 3 were not listed?

I don't think the BBC are using RB 2 and 3 these days but a full scan of AutoBouquetMaker 'Freesat' satellite channels should give you BBC RB1 and its EPG - which is currently showing the London marathon.

None of the boxes support the UK interactive services (red button) . You haven't purchased a Freeview/Freesat branded box!
You can get the BBC RB1 channel in the EPG and watch/record from that. BTW if you don't get audio on that channel press the audio button on the remote and change the audio source.

There is a video guide for setting up ABM with Freesat at
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/video-guides/
 
Why are you trying to make things hard for your self?
Read a ViX manual, run ABM.

You might recall my earlier post - not only did I read it - I printed it out to discover that it has no page numbers which makes it very hard to use as a reference. (it also isn't up to date)

Thanks for the rapid assistance though - this forum is better than most professionally run helpdesk even if the responders usually assume the person asking the question has a stronger technical background in this area than I do.
 
We can help you setup ABM. Firstly I will ask what are your requirements?
1/ Will it be Freesat or Sky UK you wish to have?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top