Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Vix 4.2.009

Comfysofa

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Oct 14, 2010
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi... I've had no end of problems since coming up from the previous version to this one... Epg doesn't work, cant download anything, can't upload bouqets to it. Tried numerous reinstall but nothing... Both my zero and se are having the same problems... Is it the image or me missing something?

Ive got a few other types of vu in the house but the 2 that ive done essentially don't work at the moment....I did try flashing a black hole image over the top and then a vix back on but its no different....just to add on the se I cant enable the cam either (after setting the write permissions) - on the whole it seems really flaky...spent all of last night on it but no different...im presuming a flash from a usb stick wipes everything...?
 
I have recently setup a Vu+ Solo SE v2 on the latest ViX image and works flawlessly. Where are you storing your EPG data?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi... I've had no end of problems since coming up from the previous version to this one... Epg doesn't work, cant download anything, can't upload bouqets to it. Tried numerous reinstall but nothing.....just to add on the se I cant enable the cam either (after setting the write permissions) .?

1. did you reinstall backup settings? ....from which version?
2. you just download the softcam ... what write permissions?
 
ok - clean build - flashed from the usb stick

didn't restore any settings.

ive got a copy of the softcam that I copy over manually and then set the permissions.

EPG I store on a usb stick....I format the stick after the first boot and then format, reboot (then the stick is seen by the egp)

Ive always built them the same way.
 
what plugins/skins, if any, have you installed?

debug logs please

Are you using DCC? If so, which version?
 
no plugins installed....I cant get it to install any! I cant get that far and even then I don't really install that much...if any - I tend to upload the picons when I'm done through ftp - try to keep them clean as such.
 
Also it shows (once its kind of built) that theres an update available but give me an error when I try to get it. I use fixed ip's (always have done) but get the same error when I switch to dhcp. Ironically the router is brand new and working fine. everything else in the house works normally through the router (including the laptop I'm on at the moment)
 
Don't use DCC - I do use Dreambox edit (which is on the latest version) - 64bit. I use that to upload the bouquet....just copy it from another box.

How do I get a debug log from it?/ill go and see if I can find out how....
 
You seem to be making the whole process a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Download the soft cam via the plugins, no permission issues. Set up the EPG as per the guide (obviously after setting up your network connection), if you can't download then look at the network connection before you go any further.
 
ok - just to be sure I'm not going mad I'm going to reflash....

Heh - I thought I was doing it the simple way....ill go and look at the guide now.. Ive just reflashed 5 mins ago, set the ip....I can ftp into it so the ip is good. Another thing that I noticed quite a few times after reflashing is after the initial setup - I scan sat for channels and quite a few times it was getting to 99% and then rebooting...

Oh - everything I'm doing regarding file transfers is on hardwire. I'm remoting into my server (where dreamboxedit and FileZilla are) so its not a wireless issue.

Thanks very much for the quick replies. Very much appreciated.
 
Another thing - I downloaded the picons from the picons area. I downloaded those new ones that that lad put up - (the really high res ones at the top of the picons area) - when I upload those through ftp they fail about 3/4 of the way through...takes a couple of attempts to get them on there....sorry its random - just putting down everything that ive found..!
 
Ive just looked over the epg video....that's the way I do, do it.....although ive never managed to get the icons in the epg - that looks pretty nifty!!
 
If I dump the bouquet list from the receiver in the front room and then try to upload it to the se I get an error - something to do with "lamedb" but its all in german.
 
Why are you dumping the bouquets? You need to start from scratch and setup the receiver like new and setup ABM properly, CrossEPG to your usb or hdd etc. You seem to be on red bull mode, just take a step back n take your time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well, ive kinda put this way together myself over the years as usually when I come across a problem and then post I kinda get lost in the answers - and theyre usually linuxy based, I get lost/don't understand getting told the answer and rather than piss off the person trying to explain I almost give up a little (no fault of the person helping me but more of my ability to understand)!!

Going back to the problem at hand I think ive found the problem but not the answer....the lame db error ive just found the answer to...I was uploading the picons to /usr/share/enigma2/picon but I'm guessing that's in flash so a. am I filling up the flash memory - this could be the reason the the upload of the picons is failing...anyway, I rebooted the receiver and the bouqet has now uploaded which may be my problem....im sending x amount of data to it - it falls over...I try to carry on doing stuff and nothing works....so while I think I know whats up I don't know whats causing it.

ive set the epg up but that is currently failing on "no valid nim found" ive seen that before on my duo 2 and it was something to do with the tuner but I cant remember as it was some time ago....

(I'm guessing I maybe with those new hi res picons) I'm sure theres a place to retarget the picon location to the usb...
 
Well, I'm kinda answering my own questions at the moment....! I had a sandisk 8gb usb flash drive in there (which has always been in there) ive just swapped it with an old 2gb Sandisk flash disc, formatted it and tried the epg again...it worked....why that is I don't know....

So, my se is working again - one remaining question - wheres the setting to retarget the picons to the usb. And I notice on the se (cant remember with the zero) but when I format the flash disc and go into the cross epg I see the option as internal flash or /hdd ? so it classes the usb stick as a hard disc....is that the way it should be? just a question as I say....

I noticed you mentioned the phrase "ABM" - whats that?

Sorry about the flurry of information - I kinda set myself the night to see if I could get to the bottom of it!! :)

Ill have a crack at the zero tomorrow night...!

Just watched the picons video and saw where to show the picons in the epg and in the channel list...! getting good aren't I!!
 
Last edited:
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Configure or Settings it maybe called is where you would change the Location path for your EPG data.
ABM is ViX's very own AutoBouquetsMaker (channel list creator).
What picons are you using? You could probably ftp into your receiver n move the picon folder from the root (flash) to the usb?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You have setup CrossEPG downloader incorrectly if you are getting the no valid NIM message. Or you are downloading while highlighting the different OpenTV provider Download now in list of OpenTV = download highlighted option.

What annoys people trying to help is:
Not saying what you mean.
Being asked to do one thing, doing another
Doing something and not saying what you have done
Pretending to have done something when you have not

If you do not fall into those traps, people will be able to help you properly.

Debug logs:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...port-questions&p=348520&viewfull=1#post348520


You can use your old bouquets. Using ABM is not mandatory. It is very easy to use though.
 
Well, I'm kinda answering my own questions at the moment....! I had a sandisk 8gb usb flash drive in there (which has always been in there) ive just swapped it with an old 2gb Sandisk flash disc, formatted it and tried the epg again...it worked....why that is I don't know....

Your flash drive may be faulty
I'm sure theres a place to retarget the picon location to the usb...

You don't need to "retarget". Just have the picon folder on the USB drive, it will be fine. If you only have teh USB drive connected, it will be mounted as HDD. Don't try to change it, leave it as it is.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top