Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Vix 4.2.009

"What annoys people trying to help is:
Not saying what you mean.
Being asked to do one thing, doing another
Doing something and not saying what you have done
Pretending to have done something when you have not"

I do try to do as I'm told but sometimes I feel that really don't want to carry on as to get on their nerves !! ie some time ago I spent days trying to get the new oscam working on my solo4k and the lad on the Linux sat forum was so helpful (in the end I got the oscam working as a client) connecting back to the zero running cccam. While I got it working with his help. He carried on trying to help me get rid of cccam across all the boxes in the house but I just didn't have the capacity to understand what he was telling me!! I was trying to do as he was telling me but I just couldn't get it working so kinda gave up as I really didn't want to piss him off. I was ever-so-grateful for his help, I wanted to get It all running on oscam but I thought he would get angry!!

Back to the problem at hand - if I move the picons to the usb drive don't I have to set something on the receiver to say "the picons are here."?
 
I think I probably should visit more often as from being on here tonight (haven't been on for a while) guides get updated and new stuff comes out. I kinda get them working and don't want to mess with them, kinda got a system as it were....ill be nice to get some new stuff working on them...I did some time back get my android tablet to share stuff to the tv through the duo 2 but it stopped working for some reason and I lost the software....theyre a wonderful waste of time aren't they....loose track of time when I'm messing around with them....which is fun but time flies when you are...!
 
If you have two picon folders, you will have a problem. delete one of them. You do not have to have to do anything. Receiver will select the valid picon location.
 
ok - ill try that now....I must say that's very intelligent....I usually perceive anything linuxy based that has to be exact or it wont work...!
 
yip - just done a reboot....working fine. Been a very productive night, and, learnt some new stuff as well....thanks to all..
 
Last edited:
"What annoys people trying to help is:
My pet hate is people who report what (they think) they understand in an on-screen message rather than the message verbatim ("unhelpful translation").
If you don't understand the significance or meaning of the message then you can't know whether your translation is helpful, so it almost certainly is not.
 
Very true but sometimes....its kind of a no win situation in that, say, ill have a problem, want to fix it, and to learn at the same time, you'll help me, give me the correct answer but then explain it in a way that you know is right but, i then have the inability to understand the answer thats given, then, obviously i dont then understand and thats where it starts to escalate as im trying to put it together in my head as i dont want ask the question again if the same thing were to happen.....

Anyway the help is much appreciated all the same....

Cheers
 
if answer does not make sense, say so. say how much you understand, hopefully the helper will rephrase.
 
no plugins installed....I cant get it to install any! I cant get that far ....
So you can't update your EPG and you can't download plugins...
Have you checked that you've set the default router correctly? (I presume you set the IP address of the box OK, since you seem to be able to login to it).
 
It's OK... I'm all up and running and will be having a stab at the zero tonight!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Just like to follow up and say ive got my zero working. I think the issue was trying to install the picons to /usr/enigma2/share area - I'm guessing this is in the flash area, hence the reason why the ftp transfer was bombing out. So, thanks again. All back and working again...

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top