Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] ViX 6.3.003 bogs my box down

Can you guys check if you have the same problem on OpenBH 5.2 or Vu factory image?

Just save current image in multiboot.

I can check it with OpenBH 5.2.002 later at my Ultimo4K.
P.S. My coffee break is over, have to continue work.
 
Are the people with the problem using some kind of "helper" plugin?

If so you need to set up from scratch without the plugin.

If you are referring to some kind of ”ciplushelper”, then no, not to my knowledge. Tinkered with one ages ago on a different image, but never on ViX.
How to check and see if there is such a plugin? And is there really no other way to remove it but to start from scratch?
 
Yes, I can confirm that also.

CI interface (Ultimo4K OpenBH).webp

P.S. OpenPLi shows 'initialize module', but no disturbancies or freezing on picture.

CI interface (Ultimo4K OpenPLi).webp
 
I made again clean flash without restoring setups and plugins with 003 to my Duo4K SE.
This is what happens when I insert CI+ adapter and card:
Authentication.webp
It does not go further from this.
 
Mine is a "LA Digital" (Smit) CI+ module. It shows up as "Conax CA" in the Common Interface menu.
I also have a "Finnsat CAMC-CIP" (Neotion) module that shows up as "Conax CSP CIPLUS CAM" in the Common Interface menu.

Both seem to be working in 6.3.002, although I had to reboot my box yesterday when the paychannels went black on the LA Digital (a very rare occurrence indeed).
Didn't try the Finnsat module in .003.
 
Last edited:
Mine is also Smit. This info is from 6.3 002 image:
Smit.webp
 
I just wonder if CI+ authentication system is from ATV because all messages are in German language?
 
Somezing german has slipped into the 6.3.003 package for the Duo 4K SE?
My box had some screens in german flicker by when I was restoring my backup at 1st boot. Never done that before.
And I believe german images don't work too well together with CI+ cards.

Herr Flick of ze Gestapo has gone undercover inside our boxes?
 
The German is not in our enigma (based on a search of the enigma repo and its translations) so must be coming from some third party module.
 
From debug log:

< 225.4017> 16:15:13.3582 [CI] eDVBCIInterfaces setInputSource(10, CI1)
< 225.4027> 16:15:13.3591 [CI] Slot: 1 setSource: K
< 228.8615> 16:15:16.8179 eDVBCICAManagerSession::setCAIDs casCount = 0
< 232.0273> 16:15:19.9838 [CI] eDVBCIInterfaces setInputSource(10, CI1)
< 232.0281> 16:15:19.9845 [CI] Slot: 1 setSource: K
< 235.7083> 16:15:23.6647 eDVBCICAManagerSession::setCAIDs casCount = 0
< 238.8616> 16:15:26.8180 [CI] eDVBCIInterfaces setInputSource(10, CI1)
< 238.8624> 16:15:26.8188 [CI] Slot: 1 setSource: K

and that continues about 3 min and 13 sec after that no disturbancies and no picture freezing. But it still shows 'no module found' ...
 
Last edited:
Flashed to 6.3.003 again and am testing the Finnsat/Neotion CA module instead of the Smit module. Now everything seems to be working. But the CI info is all in german, just like Tappari said.

Will try to see if I can make a multiboot and have my .002 in the other boot slot, just in case.


003.webp
 
Is there a fix coming for those who have a Smit CI+ module? Someone on the Finnish forum noticed there were some changes to the CI files between .002 and .003.
Everything was running like a dream until .003.
IF IT WORKS, DON’T FIX IT.

I also noticed a difference during 1st boot between .002 and .003. I used the exact same Settings Backup file and restored settings & plugins to both images using the file.

.002 restore went without a hitch and rebooted to a working setup. Both CI+ modules are working.

.003 showed a message in german about a CI error (”CI fehler”) during the restore, until it eventually finished and rebooted. The Smit CI+ module doesn’t work. The Neotion module works, but it’s a bit slow with channel changes.
 
Last edited:
IF IT WORKS, DON’T FIX IT.
Yes, but it didn't work for most modules. Now it works on a lot more modules than before, although some are not compatible with the change.
 
Yes, but it didn't work for most modules. Now it works on a lot more modules than before, although some are not compatible with the change.

With which modules it didn`t work? And what are those lot more modules?
Please list them.
 
Yes, but it didn't work for most modules. Now it works on a lot more modules than before, although some are not compatible with the change.

Is it possible to add a selectable parameter to 'CiSelection' menu, where you can select your module type ? Then both module types should work OK.
 
Yes, but it didn't work for most modules. Now it works on a lot more modules than before, although some are not compatible with the change.

You can't be serious that I'll have to throw away BOTH my modules. One of them is a very new one (supposed to be state-of-the-art) and it started working very sluggishly after the update (channel changes are much slower). Both were working just fine before.

Can you list the modules that DO work, so I don't waste any more money on the wrong one.

Why did you at first deny that there were any changes to the CI files, when there clearly are? And why don't these problems affect any other boxes, just the Duo 4K SE?

Again, if it works, don't fix it.
 
Last edited:
I have 4 modules and SmartWi 3 with 4 client cards. Ultimo4K, Duo4K SE, Uno4K SE and Sony tv are using those.
I`m not going to by 3 new adapters and pair them just because of 6.3 003 image failures.
I just use VU+ Multiboot and 002 image and watch if you and OpenBlackHole team can fix it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top